Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I love webOS. Let me just start by saying that so I dont get any complaints for starting this thread. Well anyway, I really love the idea of iOS 4 folders and would love to have them on my pre. So, would it be possible to get them on my Pre? Be it through patches or anything else?
    Thanks!
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    There are currently no patches that add this functionality. The closest you will get for now would be the "Add Launcher Pages" patch and some patch that lets you name pages. Don't you have preware installed?
    .:jIbMo:. (biatch)

Sprint Palm Pre, previously Moto Q9c, Moto Q

Palm is da bomb, don't hate!
    Until something better comes out I just have separate pages for each 'group' of apps that I have.
    tis would be cool
    Universal Search works better, and faster
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    that's not the whole point of having the folders.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    iOS has universal search.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I'd settle for the folder capabilities of BlackBerry OS 4! :P
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I will try out the named pages patch. But, wouldnt folders just be so epic? Is it even possible to make a patch for it?

Follow me on Twitter!
    Question (I'm not an iphone user):

Can a folder be configured such that when you open it, it automatically launches everything inside? (Like OS/2's workplace shell would let you way back when).

Also,
    Can an app exist in multiple folders? (as a link, shortcut, whatever).

If yes to both, this would be nice on WebOS for doing things like launching Nodoze at the same time as slacker or google maps, for example (but, better yet, would be for those apps to have a keepalive option to begin with. *sigh*).

Otherwise, I don't really see the point.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Launching multiple apps with a tap of an icon is already possible in WebOS. Mode Switcher has got this feature. Although much more powerful for triggering events automatically, you can create a mode without any triggers and create a shortcut in the launcher.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    Quote Originally Posted by THL View Post
    Launching multiple apps with a tap of an icon is already possible in WebOS. Mode Switcher has got this feature. Although much more powerful for triggering events automatically, you can create a mode without any triggers and create a shortcut in the launcher.
    Nifty. Available via package repository anywhere yet?
    : (){:|:&};:
    It's available via Preware!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    I believe it's still in the testing feed, so you'll have to add it manually, if you haven't already done so.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    any updates on this?

Follow me on Twitter!
    can folders be visible in the launcher if they were given an app id?
    As the App Catalog becomes more and more populated this request will become more and more relevant. It's something I'm sure WebOS 2.0 will include.
    good info...
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Question (I'm not an iphone user):

Can a folder be configured such that when you open it, it automatically launches everything inside? (Like OS/2's workplace shell would let you way back when).

Also,
    Can an app exist in multiple folders? (as a link, shortcut, whatever).

If yes to both, this would be nice on WebOS for doing things like launching Nodoze at the same time as slacker or google maps, for example (but, better yet, would be for those apps to have a keepalive option to begin with. *sigh*).

Otherwise, I don't really see the point.
    1.: Mode Switcher has a bit of that first functionality; if you want to regularly start a bunch of apps together, just let the least-used of these apps, or one of them that you only ever use in conjunction with the others, trigger the other apps, maybe with a popup asking about it.

2.: I totally agree with everything in your post.