1.    #1  
    I deleted my apps and data before deleting the usb drive data, on my old Pre. I didn't know that it only would authenticate your Palm Profile using wireless (not Wifi). Well this is the old phone (Already deactivated), and that's ok, except I don't know how to go in and delete all my USB files, pictures, etc before sending it back. All those files have been backed up, I just want to get rid of it all. Is there a way to do this while it's sitting there with the Palm Profile screen staring at me? Thanks in advance, and thanks for not laughing too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    I deleted my apps and data before deleting the usb drive data, on my old Pre. I didn't know that it only would authenticate your Palm Profile using wireless (not Wifi). Well this is the old phone (Already deactivated), and that's ok, except I don't know how to go in and delete all my USB files, pictures, etc before sending it back. All those files have been backed up, I just want to get rid of it all. Is there a way to do this while it's sitting there with the Palm Profile screen staring at me? Thanks in advance, and thanks for not laughing too much.
    There is ways available for that. You can connect the device via usb to your pc, and delete all pics, file, videos, etc from there. Or you can delete them from internalz from preware. Another way is to perform a full erase on the device. Since the phone is not activated, then my choice would be number one.

Good Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    Couple of ideas.
    Not sure if this will work but turn the pre on to where it asks for a profile, plug it into the pc and press option(orange)+sym+u

Another theory, put the phone in recovery and nova into the phone like the doctor does but instead cd to /media/internal and remove all. Not sure if you can do this.

Or doctor to an older version that wipes the usb drive.
  4.    #4  
    OK Doctor may be it since the PC won't see it as a usb drive till it's activated. I tried the orange/grey+sym+U to no avail...thanks!
  5.    #5  
    Wish me luck. Doctor is new to me...but I suppose it doesn't matter TOO much.
    Do a forums search for meta doctor which is a piece of software that should let you bypass activation