1.    #1  
    with all the progress made porting Android and linux to the HTC HD2 lately, I wonder how difficult would it be to port webOS on that device?! just as proof of concept..
    I just got me an HD2 on ebay to mess around with the android port, but my love is with WebOS
    No WebOS is not 100% open source like Android so will NEVER be ported to other devices and if against all odds it somehow is there will be some serious legal trouble for whoever does it
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    No WebOS is not 100% open source like Android so will NEVER be ported to other devices and if against all odds it somehow is there will be some serious legal trouble for whoever does it
    That is not true, just unlikely.
  4.    #4  
    so the linux part is open source. the framework and userspace is closed, but theoretically you could dump the needed files out of a webdoctor, right?!
    not enough interest in webos other than the small community we have here.
    Unfortunately - it's not realistically even possible.

Driver software for the hardware would need to be written for WebOS.

It may be possible for it to be ported over as a piece of software - but basic functions such as placing and receiving calls, text messages, camera, would not work properly without much more work.
    What happened to the guys who wanted to port webOS to another phone? Now is the time to try that with version 3.0, since HP took out the gesture area, it should be much easier to port it to a phone with better specs, but on the same chipset. Also, since HP mentioned maybe rewriting webOS for other chipsets, that would allow more opportunities to port to other phones, maybe iPhone? How about it webOS internals? Think it's possible?

And now that webOS tablets have finally made it to the masses, many who have no clue what webOS is, this is when the Homebrew community can really shine. I think we need to have a telethon to support our guys!!!