Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    So I have been using pre for a while and today picked up pixi.

what would happen if i sign in to palm profile with my pixi phone? will it force my pre to restart and reset itself? Is it possible to keep pre active with all my data on it while using my pixi phone as well? obviously Pre would be removed from sprint network, but wifi will still be on

thanks

Alex
    If you go to the Sprint site, I believe you can change which phone is active on your account. I do not believe it erases anything, but simply assigns the new device ESN to your account. You will not be able to do anything data-wise with your old phone until you reassign that phone to your account again. Kind of like swapping SIM cards in a GSM phone except the account assignment is taking place via Sprint's website.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Cool thanks. Reason I was asking is i remember reading somewhere that its not a problem with swapping ESN on sprint but problem with using same Palm profile assigned to multiple devices. so if my profile is currently assigned to my pre and i sign in with same profile to my new pixi, my pre might have problems with it. I can't find that thread, maybe i'm imagining reading it
    Actually,that is correct. When you sign into your Pixi using the same profile as your Pre, it will automatically sign your Pre out of that profile, and perform at least a Partial Erase, perhaps a Full Erase. Back up your USB drive first!
    Hmm... I'm so used to swapping SIM cards from back when I was with the Death Star network that I've never even looked into this with Sprint. If TreoAide is correct it sounds like when you swap devices a remote-wipe command is sent to the previous unit (?). Anyone who's done this want to chime in?
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Thats what I was afraid of. This is not network swapping, this is specific to Palm. I never tried it and I guess I should make a full backup of my Pre and try it, unless this has been tried before