07/17/2010, 11:41 PM
I could really use some help for something I thought would be painless.
I'm having a hard time finding information regarding migrating/syncing exactly the same information, apps, patches, etc. from one broken Palm Pre Plus to a "replacement" I received from Verizon yesterday.
Here's what I thought might work (a few scenrios sp?)...
Now what? It confuses me why I didn't (basically) get most of the data, preferences, etc back on the replacement. If I had the majority of this on the "lemon" and copied/restored the backup on the replacement, I thought I would have a working unit which was a duplicate of the lemon.
- Use the latest versions of Preware, Backup Utility, Save/Restore, WebOSQuickInstall and also using the USB function to backup and/or copy folders from the USB partitions. Each unit has webOS 188.8.131.52 installed. I also use the Palm Cloud along with Pocket Mirror v.3.
- Backed up lemon first and then copied USB partition to computer.
- Used Preware for the "Saved Package List" function to hopefully backup a large number of patches...By the way, THANKS TO EVERYONE who has contributed to make the Palm Pre and webOS what it is today. For that appreciation, I have contributed $ to a couple of individuals and will continue to do so. Small price to pay for a 12+ year frustrated PalmOS user.
- Used Save/Restore for the apps that applied to my unit.
- Copied USB partition to computer.
- Now, I turned on the reconditioned Palm Pre Plus, activated it and logged into my Palm account.
- Did the upupdowndown...to unlock the device.
- Used USB to connect to latest version of WebOSQuickInstall.
- Downloaded & Installed Preware, Luna Manager, Backup Utility, Save/Restore and Developer Mode. Rebooted unit.
- Restored backup
- Restored Apps from Save/Restore.
- Used Preware to get back the patches I saved...
- When I turned on newer unit, I had to login into the Palm account, and of course activate the unit.
- Now just about everything I did should be normal right?
- Basically got back my apps.
- Tried to retrieve patches, but only 5 were listed from the crazy amount I saved.
- Lost majority of PIM data except the info from the Palm account.
If I downloaded the fundamental tools to recreate what was on the lemon, why didn't the replacement unit replicate the lemon's system/setup? Where did I go wrong?
Thanks in advance for any assistance one can provide. I've had most of this information for years.