1.    #1  
    So, with all the talk about HP and WebOS and SLates and TVs and Coffee Grinders, Fridges, inflatable furniture, etc... what about our combining the object of at least 2 love-affairs in all our live... WebOS and our Cars?!

Navigation - check (Unless you're a Pre+'er with Verizon!)
    Traffic - Check
    MP3/Music/Internet Radio - Check
    Voice Dialling and Voice-to-text (JUST AS SOON AS THE Bleepin' Mic interface is opened!)
    Weather forecasts - Check
    <space for really cool stuff, like HUDs (Head-up display)>
    Integrated GeoCacheing/Shopping lists - Why not?!
    Jeez, I haven't even had a beer yet... I'll be back later with more Ideas!
    it should become the 'ford sync' of the future...
    Yeah and applications that alert you with notes etc based on where you are. (like the app Proscrastinater) Be able to find gas prices quickly, restraunts etc. Sprint TV for ur passangers. Music interface, pandora/slacker also, and radio from sprint (if sprint is the network used for it. What network is used for On-Star?)

Oo and it would be awesome to have a car manuel built in, with quick-references to maintenance, and a checklist for it. You couls search the manuel, and even have a troubleshoot option built in. Hmmm...
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    Not a bad idea.. Lol
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    Yeah and applications that alert you with notes etc based on where you are. (like the app Proscrastinater) Be able to find gas prices quickly, restraunts etc. Sprint TV for ur passangers. Music interface, pandora/slacker also, and radio from sprint (if sprint is the network used for it. What network is used for On-Star?)

Oo and it would be awesome to have a car manuel built in, with quick-references to maintenance, and a checklist for it. You couls search the manuel, and even have a troubleshoot option built in. Hmmm...
    Verizon is the network behind OnStar
    If they had braincells, they'd get the automanufacturers to start looking at embedded WebOS appliances for the next-gen OnStar/in-car entertainment controller...
    I use a program called riderunner for my carPC. (youtube search jeeputer) I'd gladly switch it for webOS.
    Of the major mobile platforms out there right now, WebOS seems like the best suited to this job, especially with the addition of Exhibition. All it really needs is a slightly better navigation system and a better, more integrated multimedia app.

TomTom ought to look into this. If I'm not mistaken, their software uses SDL, so porting it with the PDK should be pretty easy.

BTW, a google search for "WebOS in car entertainment" lists this thread at the top. This is sad.
    Been thinking about doing this once the tablet gets released. Take it with you like an old stereo face plate. Sync it up to bluetooth radio and create a dock/mount for charding.

Hell maybe they will just make a gain touchstone
    Way ahead of you...I emailed HP and Chevy about this a month or more ago!

I doubt they'll do anything about it, but it makes SO much sense. WebOS with mutlitasking is perfect for seatback screens. Or think about WebOS on the seat-back screens on planes (though they'd have to convert to capacative i guess).

Here's hoping HP actually does something cool like this.
    There is potential in this idea.