Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    I just got my new Pre and i love it, and i've been reading a lot about it and i found out that the newest version of webOX is 1.4.1.1 I looked at the device info for my phone and it says i'm running 1.0.2 I've tried to manually check for updates but it never comes up with anything. what do i do to get the new updates?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by schuy31 View Post
    I just got my new Pre and i love it, and i've been reading a lot about it and i found out that the newest version of webOX is 1.4.1.1 I looked at the device info for my phone and it says i'm running 1.0.2 I've tried to manually check for updates but it never comes up with anything. what do i do to get the new updates?
    I think you will have to doctor
    Be aware that your app data will be lost. But your apps will be automatically redownloaded after you have doctored and have logged back in.
  3. #3  
    Welcome to Precentral your life will never be the same.

    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...va_sprint.html

    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions

    Either one of the above links should fix you right up.
  4. #4  
    Oh my god webOS 1.0.2
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I think you will have to doctor
    Be aware that your app data will be lost. But your apps will be automatically redownloaded after you have doctored and have logged back in.
    Can't he also preserve a lot of the App Data by using Save/Restore (see http://www.precentral.net/saverestore )

    Or will that not work on 1.0.2 (yiiiiikes!)?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    ha yeah he's going to have a bunch of problems xD
    That was certainly helpful

    OP.. definitely sounds like your Pre has been shelved for quite a while at that store.... follow Pip and Mamouton's advice and simply Doctor your phone up to the newest OS version. You'll be good to go at that point!

    Welcome to the P|C forums and don't hesitate to ask if you have questions.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by subversiveasset View Post
    Can't he also preserve a lot of the App Data by using Save/Restore (see [url] )

    Or will that not work on 1.0.2 (yiiiiikes!)?
    No, Preware requires at least 1.3.5 and I bet save/restore requires 1.4
    Also I doubt there is that much that you can save from a 1.0.2 device as most apps are incompatible with it.
  8.    #8  
    thanks for all the help guys. i've learned alot inthe past few days. i just completely rebooted my phone and then it was up to date

Posting Permissions