1.    #1  
    Hi, everyone! I have a Palm Pre and an HTC Evo, both on Sprint. However, only my Evo is currently active on the Sprint network. I still use my Pre for some things such as podcasting as there is no Android podcatcher that is anywhere near the quality of Dr. Podder. However, I was wondering if there is any way to update the WebOS on my Pre without having it active on the Sprint network. I have a WiFi network at home and have downloaded updates over WiFi before, but that was after Sprint sent the update notification to my handset over its cell network. Can I do this, or am I simply out of luck?

Thank you!
    You will be able to update via webOS doctor.
    As long as you are still logged in to your Palm profile, you can run the Update app via wifi. No WebOS Doctor needed.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    As long as you are still logged in to your Palm profile, you can run the Update app via wifi. No WebOS Doctor needed.
    When I run the update app, it only reports application updates, not the 1.4.5(.1?) update. How can you tell if you are still logged in to your Palm profile?

Thanks!
  5.    #5  
    Heh. Well, it appears that the reason may be that Sprint still has not released the 1.4.5 update. Thank you!
    But they will release that and flash august 11th...
    What Time will not heal, nothing will.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonp019 View Post
    When I run the update app, it only reports application updates, not the 1.4.5(.1?) update. How can you tell if you are still logged in to your Palm profile?

Thanks!
    When there is an OS update it takes priority over App updates. And as long as your apps and saved accounts haven't been wiped from your device it's still logged in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk3lleton View Post
    But they will release that and flash august 11th...
    Where are you getting that info?