Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    The PDK Hot Apps contest was supposed to start today (July 15th) but it appears as if it hasn't. Are they waiting to start the contest until the US carriers start to roll out the 1.4.5 update? Anyone have any insider info on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by junkTzu View Post
    The PDK Hot Apps contest was supposed to start today (July 15th) but it appears as if it hasn't. Are they waiting to start the contest until the US carriers start to roll out the 1.4.5 update? Anyone have any insider info on this?
    If you go to Palm Hot Apps you'll see it says it has started.

They are simply "retooling the site" for the PDK hot apps promo.

There will be loads more PDK based apps out tomorrow and the following days, or at least that is my hope.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Ahh ok, I was looking at the developers site which didn't really indicate that it had started. Thanks for the info!
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post

There will be loads more PDK based apps out tomorrow and the following days, or at least that is my hope.
    That's my hope also. I'm a little bummed that 1.4.5 hasn't reached the US yet but it'll come eventually.
    There's a bug with Firefox 4 beta (Mac), I see the page like this: http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...15alas2313.png
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post

Im suprised they have to retool it at all. How long have they had to get this ready, considering it was delayed once.
    What gave you the impression, junkTzu? From all indicators, it has started today. There's already been a delay and it irked some developers. Ben said in one of the threads there won't be any more changes to the this contest.