1.    #1  
    I've run across an interesting problem.

I recently doctored my phone (pre, sprint, 1.4.1.1) and attempted to use pre backup utility to restore my texts but the app would not run correctly. I instead opted for the method described here

Now, and I'm not sure why this is happening, I cannot sign out of googletalk. Opening the chat app and clicking buddies shows me all of my gmail buddies that are online but clicking the green dot up top to change my status does nothing. I am currently running WebOS Repair utility to see if this helps. Anybody run into something similar? I would hate to have to doctor again...
  2.    #2  
    WebOS Repair was not successful. Any ideas besides the doctor?
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    yes, this happens to me. i just keep clicking on sign off until it shows the account[s] as signed off. i would agree this is a problem but i have since just left it signed off.

i have 2 google [talk] profiles maybe it has to be repeated so all are signed-off ? i have no clue really.
  4.    #4  
    How do I sign off? Every time I tap the green circle nothing happens. Thanks
    I've noticed that sometimes signing in and out of chat seem to lag. I cannot figure out why or what causes it. It is unpredictable. Try clicking the sign off and waiting a bit--mine will generally sign off.
  6.    #6  
    Tapping the button and waiting 3 full minutes doesn't do it either. I'm pretty sure something is wrong here. Check out this attached image. Shouldn't it say 'Available' next to the green dot?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Did you ever find a fix for your issue? I'm having the same problem now!
    This problem continues to arise for me on occasion too. It seems to be linked to a real slowdown on the device in general, and I can't figure it out.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    This problem continues to arise for me on occasion too. It seems to be linked to a real slowdown on the device in general, and I can't figure it out.
    Really, I got the issue after installing the Facebook Chat patch. I still can't sign/out. I hit the green available button and it does nothing! No options at all.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    This had happened to me a couple of months ago. I posted a thread but nobody really knew a fix. Someone suggested doctoring but...uhhh...no. So i ended up deleting the account in the msg app which signs you out.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Ok, so I have fixed my logout problem. Here is what I did and I hope it works for you!

I removed 2 patches. Have have no idea which one fixed the issue, but it was one of them. So if you have one of them installed, good bet its your issue!

1) Hold Chat To Launch New Card
    2) Total Message Count

Good Luck!
    I'm plagued with this and don't have either of those patches installed. This is quite annoying. Is a trip to the dr my only option?

***EDIT
    Never mind, I just went into accounts and typed in the wrong password and clicked sign in. It took a few minutes then came up with the wrong id or password and I was logged off.
  13.    #13  
    I tried typing in the wrong password trick but then I was not able to access my email (via gmail). Still haven't found the solution so I just removed gchat sync