1.    #1  
    hey guys im new to the pre switched from BB had a curve, tour, storm 1, and storm 2. I have had the pre for a few days and so far im loving it. Im trying to install preware on my pre plus but when I connect the pre to my laptop it wont find the device in the quick installer it starts to find it then says connection failed then I cant exit quick installer until I restart my comp. I have windows 7 on all my computers and have tried to install the software from every comp I have and they all say the same thing. The only thing that the comp doesnt install is novacom or something like that would that keep me from being able to install preware? If so can anyone help me out?
    Preware now has a stand alone installer. Go here for details and instructions. Application:Preware - WebOS Internals
    Follow the directions carefully. And welcome to P|C and the world of webOS.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  3.    #3  
    ok I got the novacom downloaded and got preware downloaded do I turn developer mode back off after installing preware
    Last edited by 04SVTL; 07/15/2010 at 01:04 AM.
    Preware is safe. The Novacom driver has to be on the PC inorder for WEBOSQI to see your phone. I'm guessing the Preware Standalone Installer includes the Novacom driver. I was able to download the Novacom driver from one of the drop-down menues within WEBOSQI but I haven't had to do it in a while so I'm not sure from first hand experience what the easiest way to go about it is. I'd trust the steps on webos-internals.org though.
    Quote Originally Posted by 04SVTL View Post
    if I do this is there any chance of messing up my phone? Thanks for the welcome
    Nothing that the good Dr.(webOS doctor) can't fix.
    I would say the chance is minimal to none. Enjoy!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    One of the foundational rules that webOS Internals prides themselves on is that anything they release cannot permanently damage your phone.

They also provide multiple methods for resolving any problems that do arise.

So... welcome to the community... read, learn, and make that phone your own!
  7.    #7  
    got everything downloaded do i turn developer mode off now?
    You dont have to, but just to be on the safe side turn it off.
    However if you want to use Webos quick install again then you need to put it back on.