Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Agreed. And it is posts like these, or talk among users, or emails to Palm, or...that show that we want them, and that the demand is not only there, but is getting impatient and ready to jump to new devices and competing platforms. All of these channels funnel information to companies.
    You didn't read my post about market testing groups and voluntary response bias.

    These threads make us feel better. I would not expect any sort of corporate change as a result of message board postings.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM Renaissance View Post
    You didn't read my post about market testing groups and voluntary response bias.

    These threads make us feel better. I would not expect any sort of corporate change as a result of message board postings.
    Not the point Jam. Thanks.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

    Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  3. #23  
    I definitely would not mind some talk of an HP printer designed to accept print jobs from my Pre.
  4. #24  
    i'm not buying a printer. I'm not buying a tablet. And honestly if i wanted to the ipad is what i'd based on professional audio production apps alone. But again I'm not buying a tablet now or later. The only thing from hp i remotely care about is the phones. so i feel you. and honestly. i don't know a single person with a tablet not named ipad. Personally i think tablets are a techie thing. I got an hp laptop. Which i just hours ago replaced a broken screen on. I can say one thing. Considering Palm's hardware issues i'm not remotely confident HP will be better. after disassemling the bezel around the screen a bunch of plastic that house i guess the female ends that screws goes into just crumbled and fell off. I didn't break them they just i guess were broken already. luckily enough there were enough left to hold the screen. but doesn't fill me with manufacturing confidence in hp.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Don't get me wrong, the Evo hw is awesome in its own right but the OS blows. Place WebOS on some Evo hw and that's a flagship phone for any carrier.
    curious. and i say this truly because i'm curious about your honest thoughts. When you say "the OS blows" do you acknowledge that the Android OS in many places has a bunch more features then WebOS? Like by "blows" are you referring to not being as elegant at multitasking or are you talking about as a whole?

    I used Android and was struck by how much detail there is. The thing that always stood out was the camera for example. Webos you can take a picture and take a video, and edit it. But i was struck that in contrast on Android you could do so much more. for example, sepia, pick different save formats, video encoding and compression formats, zoom, i think you could crop, picture formats. Now that's from memory and it was a while ago so maybe some of that isn't all there. But i'm curious of your opinion. Mostly because though i'd agree there are rough edges with android, i was actually quite impressed and thought it had quite a lot of features. And i walked away thinking, after i adjusted to moving around the OS, something i had to do with webos, i could live with it.

    by contrast i found you're comment "Place WebOS on some Evo hw" interesting. I've heard that before and agree they need better hardware but i'm not sure that would fix everything. I don't want to list every issue i have with webos but for example, you'd still have few apps, and some issues with the software that hasn't been updated since launch, like the media player and youtube, document editing issues, camera options and i'm sure others. because for me it's all about features and the apps and the details more then how multitasking looks and possibly other issues. Oh buy the way. what i said not withstanding i don't intend to buy an android phone.

    again curious of your opinions. curious as to what's important to you. Thanks for any response.
  6.    #26  
    I dont't even care steve jobs delivery a iprinter or ikettle. Why the unrealstic people think there will be market for webos printer , toast....etc? Is it a joke? Have you thought before you post? Webos could not survive even it is on the most exiciting PHONE Market!!!! IF HP is heading the other way, then it is the most wastage of a brillient OS. HOWEVER, I DON't CARE. All I want is Precentral don't post any unrelated HP's new to mislead fans believe there will be webosprinter or webosLED that could ring and set SMS and people using smartphone will swap to them. We really don't care this kind of products. I h will go to Engadget if I care because this is Pre Central.
    Last edited by lawtony; 07/18/2010 at 04:15 AM. Reason: spelling
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtony View Post
    I dont't even care steve jobs delivery a iprinter or ikettle. Why the unrealstic people think there will be market for webos printer , toast....etc? Is it a joke? Have you thought before you post? Webos could not survive even it is on the most exiciting PHONE Market!!!! IF HP is heading the other way, then it is the most wastage of a brillient OS. HOWEVER, I DON't CARE. All I want is Precentral don't post any unrelated HP's new to mislead fans believe there will be webosprinter or webosLED that could ring and set SMS and people using smartphone will swap to them. We really don't care this kind of products. I h will go to Engadget if I care because this is Pre Central.
    This rant solves nothing... and you have a very narrow view of things. You are correct... this is PreCentral... the forums are also linked to TreoCentral... and there are lots of forums here aside from talk about Pres... there are Pixi forums... off topic forums where people post about politics and anything else... there are cross platform forums... other handheld forums. But its the fact that this site acts as a general hub for PALM news, not phone news that you are missing.

    Quote Originally Posted by lawtony View Post
    We really don't care this kind of products.
    Obviously we do care if we are taking the time to post about it... right? If we are talking about it, it means we are paying attention. So... are you trying to tell me that I don't know what I care about? Or am I one of the unmentioned minority that doesn't fit into your box?

    Your narrow views about webos printers and slates are so far off base. Dont you even know what sealed the success of the original iphone? It was in the fact that it could synch with the ipods... and the ipod was huge because it was the first dumb friendly mp3 player. It was a system that was hard to mess up. People could make their playlists on their computer... it was all locked up so they had to use itunes and everything spoke nicely with a decent user interface, they could purchase songs easily and go... the iphone tapped into that by adding another dimension. The smartphone market is about CONNECTIVITY on many levels... the ability for many devices to speak together and work seamlessly. There are of course other things that weigh in as well.

    So hey... why dont you cool down huh? If you dont want to read about non phone news... then dont read the non phone threads. Its just that simple.

    _______________________________________________________________
    My name is Ludd... and I disapprove of my own reply... Luddites ftw.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions