Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Tried calling Sprint, Sprint online, looked through Pixi user manual, looked through my phone preferences, nothing.

How does one block a phone number from a WebOs device? I'm with Sprint and have a Palm Pixi.
    There's a call block/reject patch from Elryon available in Preware.

Ed-
    Actually there are 2 such patches from Elryon. Call Block/Rejecter and Call Block Answer then Hangup
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for that. Don't have Preware installed yet. Trying Sprint Store next. What if one does not have PreWare? Simpler solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Thanks for that. Don't have Preware installed yet. Trying Sprint Store next. What if one does not have PreWare? Simpler solution?
    Not that I know of. You could probably install the patch using WebOS Quick Install, but once you have Preware you are able to add all sorts of cool stuff. So I would go with that.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  5.    #5  
    Good to know.

Is there a simple, dummy-free way to Install Preware on a Pixi? I used to have Treos (300, 600, 650 and 800w) and was a DIY kind of guy (i.e. ROM upgrades), but now...not so much.
    My solution was to create a silent ring-tone. I add numbers to my contact list that I don't want to answer and then assign the silent tone to those contacts. Yes, they end up at my voice mail but telemarketers don't usually leave messages. :-)
  7.    #7  
    I can't see why Preware can't be available on the Pixi app store for those who want it...
    There's also another patch in there that will let you block any incoming calls from numbers not in your contacts.

I LOVE it! I had a problem with people giving out my #, so I had to change it twice, in a very short time. Sprint caused me no hassles, but this last one they gave me belonged to someone that DID NOT pay ANY of their bills. I am really tired of having to explain to everyone that NO, I am NOT Mr. Gonzalez, No, I DO NOT owe you ANY money and this is NO LONGER his number!

Instead of changing it, again and having to contact the people I do want to have it and give them all a new #, I just installed this, voila problem solved!!
    Youmail gives people you select the phone number is disconnected message. With Google Voice and you mail I have a nice messaging center.

If you are talking about blocking your number going out then a *67 should work for you.
    I can see where that would work great for some people, however, with the issues I had, where my number had been given out, or bill collectors are calling for the person who had the number previously, I have no way of knowing the numbers that will be calling me, in advance.

I actually give my number out to very, very few people, so it doesn't bother me at all to restrict calls just to those in my contacts list.
    verwon with google voice I can listen to the voicemail being left if I want to and decide to answer it. I have also made a do not answer contact for those unwanted callers and those go straight to a predefined message that tells them the number is disconnected.
    Yeah, but then I'd have to go to the hassle of setting up Google Voice and I am one that does not see the point of having it with my cell phone.

The call block patch can just get rid of them for me. There's a whole 6 people on my contacts that have my number and they are the only ones that may need to reach me, anyway.

Everyone else can kiss it! LOL!

I am determined that my stalker/24 year crush NEVER again has ANY WAY to get a hold of my phone number! My ex-husband doesn'r even have my new one, it's just in my son's phone, so he could access it there if there was an emergency.

Once you have an obsessed stalker type person, you learn your lesson VERY FAST!

Dang creep!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    There's also another patch in there that will let you block any incoming calls from numbers not in your contacts...

...Instead of changing it, again and having to contact the people I do want to have it and give them all a new #, I just installed this, voila problem solved!!
    Thanks. URL Link to the patch? What is it called?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Youmail gives people you select the phone number is disconnected message. With Google Voice and you mail I have a nice messaging center.

If you are talking about blocking your number going out then a *67 should work for you.
    I installed YouMail a few days ago and am getting used to it and its features. Nice app! I have a Google voice number as well, and am wondering if YouMail can work with it, short of getting a separate Google Voice app. HINT: Looking for simplicity....

Now, this *67 tweak I never heard of before. How would one do this? I'm guessing you dial *67, press send button, then dial the number?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    I installed YouMail a few days ago and am getting used to it and its features. Nice app! I have a Google voice number as well, and am wondering if YouMail can work with it, short of getting a separate Google Voice app. HINT: Looking for simplicity....

Now, this *67 tweak I never heard of before. How would one do this? I'm guessing you dial *67, press send button, then dial the number?

Yes I have set my google voice up to send the email to my youmail account and I get to hear the voice messages through the you mail app. Yes to block your number you would need to do it for every call unless you use your google number to call out. I don't care who has that number because I can control who I talk when they call in. Gdial was one of my favorite apps and I still have it installed I can still do web dialing with it so it does what I need it to do. with the gdial universal patch when I type in a number in universal search it makes gdial make the call.
    The patch I used is in Preware, it's called "Call Block Anyone Not in Contacts".
    I've only had my Pre a few days, but do miss some of my 755P's apps - notably CallBlock from Wish Solutions. I had it set to send calls without caller ID straight to voicemail, send certain telemarketer calls to disconnect, and everything else to the phone. Hopefully they'll come out with a WebOS version soon! Maybe if enough people contact them at support at wishsolutions dot com . . . .
    Last edited by ChipStewart; 07/22/2010 at 04:12 PM.
    I received an email from WishSolutions. It stated:

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately there is currently no suitable phone API available from Palm to program the function, sorry.
    Hopefully, Palm will provide one soon. I'm sure many more useful apps would result!
  19.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    The patch I used is in Preware, it's called "Call Block Anyone Not in Contacts".
    What about blocking within the contact list?!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast