Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I know that in the past my emails have been removed when they pass the "show email" retention time, but in the last month or two, that stopped. Now, I have every email I've received, regardless of how long show email is set to.

The only thing I know I changed was turning off the "All Inboxes" so I could see notifications for individual accounts. I don't know if that caused the problem, but I do know that turning All Inboxes back on didn't fix the problem.

I imagine I can delete and readd all my accounts, but that seems like trying to kill a fly with a wrecking ball. (And I admit I'm concerned about what that will mean for other parts of WebOS - will removing an exchange email account also remove associated contacts from the exchange account? How about the calendar? If I can avoid reloading all of my cloud info, that would be nice.)

Thoughts anyone? I'm sure I'm not the only one to run into this, and someone must have solved it...
    You're not the only one to run into it, but I don't know if anyone solved it. HBZ never answered on it. I've got mine to 3 days, and I've got emails left on there from a month ago.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Hmm. Ok, so for whatever this is worth, suddenly the "switch to a new Show Email setting" thing worked. I'm not sure what was different about this time trying it other than that my /var directory had been full previously. (Followed the tip here http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2540039 to remove one of the larger files and give me room to move while I cleared stuff out.) Maybe that was it? Can't say for sure. However, I *can* say that I dropped about 20M in usage in /var, almost all of it in the /var/luna/data/emails directory. (!)