Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by ifeellikeastar View Post
    Can't get this to work on Windows 7 x64.
    try the USB passthrough patch maybe...

Mine works fine whenever I need it. So unless you wanna install log me in and give me access to help you then I dunno what more I can say to assist you. I am absolutely legitimate on the assistance, you can see everything I do while I do it and cut me off at anytime. I do freelance IT Support for $25/hr for home & $50/hr for Business.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-fan View Post
    As for data transfer, this uses the phone's regular Web/email data transfer allowance, right? (...and not the 5 GB Mobile Hotspot limit on VZW?)
    This uses your Data period... I have "on Sprint" went way above and beyond the 5Gb limit and have not had a single bill for the extra... But I am sure if I used it for torrent they would want to bill me, but for just regular data usage from mostly PreCentral they don't seem to care.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    demetry14,
    do you have any suggestion for me? I've been trying to connect my Pre to get Preware for almost a week now but failled.

# I have no option to Just Charge / USB when plug it
    # In 2 PCs VISTA Pre start automatically to recharge
    # In 2 XP Pre start automatically to recharge
    # In 1 Ubuntu Pre start automatically ro rechage
    # In 1 VISTA it is trying to install drivers but is asking about the "Reduced CDC abstract control model (R-ACM)" (anyway even if I solve this driver problem not sure if the Just Charge / USB will appear...
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    demetry14,
    do you have any suggestion for me? I've been trying to connect my Pre to get Preware for almost a week now but failled.

# I have no option to Just Charge / USB when plug it
    # In 2 PCs VISTA Pre start automatically to recharge
    # In 2 XP Pre start automatically to recharge
    # In 1 Ubuntu Pre start automatically ro rechage
    # In 1 VISTA it is trying to install drivers but is asking about the "Reduced CDC abstract control model (R-ACM)" (anyway even if I solve this driver problem not sure if the Just Charge / USB will appear...
    Do you already have Preware installed? I am not 100% on what your currently asking... Sounds like you have the Charge by Default patch installed. PM me if this does not have to do with my thread.

Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    This uses your Data period... I have "on Sprint" went way above and beyond the 5Gb limit and have not had a single bill for the extra... But I am sure if I used it for torrent they would want to bill me, but for just regular data usage from mostly PreCentral they don't seem to care.
    Sprint data is unlimited anyway. They are different from VZW in terms of how they handle data usage. (I know, I had a Pre on Sprint originally, and consistently went above - sometimes way above - the "purported" 5 GB limit ... with no problems). Sprint data is 100% truly unlimited. I'm thinking VZW probably is not.
    Do you already have Preware installed? I am not 100% on what your currently asking... Sounds like you have the Charge by Default patch installed. PM me if this does not have to do with my thread.
    Sent. Thanks.
    Sprint data is unlimited anyway. They are different from VZW in terms of how they handle data usage. (I know, I had a Pre on Sprint originally, and consistently went above - sometimes way above - the "purported" 5 GB limit ... with no problems). Sprint data is 100% truly unlimited. I'm thinking VZW probably is not.
    Yea... Verizon caps you off at 5GB
    I keep getting an error when trying to install the daemon. Could it be conflicting with something else?
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
  9.    #29  
    Sprint data is not unlimited, read the fine print there is a 5Gb limit they state.

10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by chad4359 View Post
    I keep getting an error when trying to install the daemon. Could it be conflicting with something else?
    possibly, if you have a patch that has already modified a file that it needs to modify... post a screenshot of the error log and I can see what it says exactly.

Here is the error log

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 35310 100 35310 0 0 19606 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 40262
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by chad4359 View Post
    Here is the error log

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 35310 100 35310 0 0 19606 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 40262
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    Remove /media/internal/.developer/us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk and try again because it looks like the daeomon is already installed, if that does not work then remove the freetether application and do the daemon first then install the application.

Sprint data is not unlimited, read the fine print there is a 5Gb limit they state.
    Not true anymore. I had Sprint and I read the fine print. This is something they tried back in 2006-2007, but no longer.
  14.    #34  
    Not true anymore. I had Sprint and I read the fine print. This is something they tried back in 2006-2007, but no longer.
    Last time I reply to your post...

Read the fine print, I have had sprint for almost 10yrs now and its been a 5gb cap for years now and when I purchased my Palm Pre I asked if there was a cap and they stated it was unlimited but there was a cap of 5gb, but it is not strictly enforced.

Oh and so you stop with the "I know more then you BS"

SPRINT TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2010
    Data Usage Limitation (Mobile Broadband Cards, USB Modems, Embedded Modems and Phone-As-Modem):The amount of data transmitted over our network is measured in kilobytes (KB), megabytes (MB) or gigabytes (GB). Sprint reserves the right to limit throughput speeds or amount of data transferred; and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if usage either exceeds (a.) 5GB/month in total, unless specified otherwise or (b.) 300MB/month while off-network roaming. 1024KB equal 1MB. 1024MB equal 1GB.

If they were not monitoring usage they would not show a monthly calculation of your data usage.
    Last edited by demetry14; 07/19/2010 at 10:01 PM.

Last time I reply to your post...

Read the fine print, I have had sprint for almost 10yrs now and its been a 5gb cap for years now and when I purchased my Palm Pre I asked if there was a cap and they stated it was unlimited but there was a cap of 5gb, but it is not strictly enforced.

Oh and so you stop with the "I know more then you BS"

SPRINT TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2010
    Data Usage Limitation (Mobile Broadband Cards, USB Modems, Embedded Modems and Phone-As-Modem):The amount of data transmitted over our network is measured in kilobytes (KB), megabytes (MB) or gigabytes (GB). Sprint reserves the right to limit throughput speeds or amount of data transferred; and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if usage either exceeds (a.) 5GB/month in total, unless specified otherwise or (b.) 300MB/month while off-network roaming. 1024KB equal 1MB. 1024MB equal 1GB.

If they were not monitoring usage they would not show a monthly calculation of your data usage.
    I stand corrected. Never put together the "phone-as-modem"/Mobile Hotspot connection.
    I have been having difficulty installing the daemon to my Sprint Palm Pixi from a Windows Vista PC. (Hey, sorry, but my Linux boxen are at home, and I'm not.)

I go to Dev Mode, connect USB, and select "Just Charge".

I can launch WebOSQuickInstall with no trouble, and can select us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk for installation, but when I actually click on Install, I get:

Code:
    ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install .us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_arm7.ipk

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=us.ryanhope.freetetherd (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error ocurred, return value, 4
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package us.ryanhope.freetetherd.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'
    Any clues as to what I'm missing here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    I have been having difficulty installing the daemon to my Sprint Palm Pixi from a Windows Vista PC. (Hey, sorry, but my Linux boxen are at home, and I'm not.)

I can launch WebOSQuickInstall with no trouble, and can select us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_armv7.ipk for installation, but when I actually click on Install, I get:

Code:
    ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install .us.ryanhope.freetetherd_0.0.3_arm7.ipk

Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=us.ryanhope.freetetherd (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    Collected errors:
    You need to use the armv6 version of the daemon for the Pixi.

Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv6/
    Aaaaaaaahhh! Bolshoi spasebaw!
    Aaaaaaaahhh! Bolshoi spasebaw!
    Always nice to be thanked in a language I don't know.
  20.    #40  

Code:

Collected errors:
    I just got that too since i had to Doctor my phone after a total stupid thing i did... But after i got that issue, I installed Preware and then tried it again and it worked fine.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast