Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I got my Palm Pre Plus recently and added all of my friends from facebook on it. Their cell phone numbers are in it. But when one of them calls me instead of their picture or name showing up, it just shows the number. Or when I get texted it's just the number and not the name. When I try to add it to my contacts it links it to their profile but still doesn't give me the name for texting. What do I have to do?
    hi. I think i had the same. Go to contacts, press on the one that is showing as a number, press on name, list of linked profiles should open press on name again, another list should pop out, pick 'set as primary profile' then done and i think its ok.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Nope it still just gives me the number in the text messaging screen. And when I go in my contact list I try to click on the sms logo next to the number it doesn't open. But for people I haven't texted yet it opens up with their name and picture.
    You need to link the contacts together in your addressbook. If the facebook account doesn't reference their cell phone number, you have to tell your phone that they are the same person. Find the number alone in your address book and link it to the Facebook friend. Click into the Contact, click on the header to reveal the sources of the contact info. Click on + Link more profiles... Then select the Facebook contact.

I recommend cleaning up your Gmail addressbook with names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses because it will provide info to automatically associate most of your facebook contacts with phone numbers (if they haven't provided them on their Facebook accounts).

I also recommend setting the Default Account to Google so that new numbers you add are put into your Gmail addressbook instead of on Palm's server. That way, they are accessible from a PC and not limitted to your phone.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Now I have a weird problem. When I try to text a number from facebook I click on the sms logo and it won't work. So I type in the number in the messaging screen and when I send the message it just goes away, like I never sent it. And I am not getting their texts. But for other people I am. What is the problem?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    So far it's just one number having this problem. I read that doing the erase apps and data setting fixes it. But besides apps what kind of data does it erase? Will all of my text messages stay?