1.    #1  
    I've been reading the forums on 'My Tether' but the threads are one year old. Can I still use my Pre, tether to my laptop and then surf the net?

How do I do that?

Lindy
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    search: tethering
    result: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2350122

Good luck

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    yes, you can. If you are on Verizon, it comes with Mobile Hotspot. THe AT&T phone also has a tethering solution available. MyTether and FreeTether should work with any of them, including sprint.
    Last edited by Workerb33; 07/11/2010 at 12:02 AM.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  4.    #4  
    I am on Sprint? Can I use My Tether on Sprint?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindy219 View Post
    I am on Sprint? Can I use My Tether on Sprint?

See post #2.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post

See post #2.
    Or visit mytether.com
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    yes it works on sprint why people can't just answer the question and not send you on a wild gosse chase is beond me
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    however, if you go to post #2 and follow the link you will go to a link that offers FREE mobile hotspot, all you have to do is save the two packages and intall them via WebOS Quick Install.
    I've never used My Tether, but dont you have to pay for it?
    my tether is free. They require a 15 dollar 'donation' for access to their support forum.
    Which provides essentially no support.
    use mobile hotspot (post 2). it just doesn't get any simpler.
    If all you want is tethering for a windows laptop then check out my past posts on this as all you need is freethether and freetether daemon. Once you have that you can use the links I have provided in the past for the 32bit or 64bit system driver. You do not need MHS or MT if all you want is for a single laptop.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...13#post2550113
    Last edited by demetry14; 07/11/2010 at 04:07 PM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  13.    #13  
    We just got back from our 2 1/2 month RV trip around the US. And thanks to you I stayed connected.
    I had MHS working about a week ago, and this week I don't. Did a recent update kill it?
  15.    #15  
    Just turned my MHS on and it is still working. Try restarting your pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I had MHS working about a week ago, and this week I don't. Did a recent update kill it?

There are mixed responses all over the forums with people (Sprint Pre users) having MHS working after the update, and others not having it work after the update. I am one that could not get it to work after the update. It would allow devices to connect, but no data would go through.

As a result, I just removed the updated version, and re-installed the old version I had. Now it works just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    If you want to get the updated MHS app working, here's an updated patch to get it to work. I just installed it, and updated the MHS app, & it works now.

Here's the link

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post2702687
    I am using my tether and I'm on Sprint. It works well.
    Also just installed the (Verizon) mobile HotSpot today and it works well. There are a few steps involved but it's not too hard to accomplish - and free.

My Tether charges for this and has many really bad comments about no support, so I would recommend trying the free way first if you have the know how.

Two questions I don't know the answer to -
    1. Will a new version of webOS kill this hack? (V2 pending at this time)
    2. Is there any way Sprint can "see" the usage, and start to charge the $30 monthly "hotspot" charges? (I already have an unlimited phone data plan)