1.    #1  
    I had no idea where to post this, so I put it here.

If you wanna have fun with your Droid friends, try putting this as your message alert sound!!

Have fun!!!

John
    Attached Files Attached Files
    too funny! lol
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Can someone send this in again as an MP3 so we can download it directly into our phones?

(or is there a way to unzip in webOS?)
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    Can someone send this in again as an MP3 so we can download it directly into our phones?

(or is there a way to unzip in webOS?)
    I tried, but it says "invalid file".
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I had to use Dropbox to transfer the MP3 from my computer to my Pre. I unzipped the file and transfer the "Droid.mp3" file to Dropbox. Then, using the Pre's apps Dropboxify and Internalz (Pre's Homebrew File manager) I was able to transfer the MP3 from Dropbox to Pre's ringtone folder. I accessed my Dropbox via Dropboxify and played the Droid.mp3 and noticed where the MP3 file was cached and stored. Then, using Internalz, found the file in Dropboxify/.cache folder and copied the Droid.mp3 to my Pre's ringtone folder.

Yes, I know I could have gotten my usb cable and transferred the file via USB drive mode, but I thought it is silly we can't transfer these files wirelessly. I should be able to email myself the file, but I can't do that either because it only plays/streams the file. I guess I could have emailed myself the MP3 and found out where the MP3 was cached and used Internalz to copy the file to the ringtone folders too.
    If it was just sent to the forum as an MP3 we could download it directly.

(Or did the forum software zip it?)
    Last edited by SFHandyman; 07/09/2010 at 06:25 PM.
    I tried uploading the Droid sound effect as a MP3 and the forum software states it was an invalid file. Sorry. Besides, can we actually download MP3 files on our Pre? Even when I email myself MP3 files, I can play it but I cannot save it. I think that is so silly. I could save MP3 files on my Centro from emails easily.

webOS needs to open it up or at least we should get a patch for it.

Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    If it was just sent to the forum as an MP3 we could download it directly.

(Or did the forum software zip it?)