1.    #1  
    I wanted to have pre central members give their ideas on how palm and developers should utilize banner notifications.

Kind of a two part question
    1. What ideas do you have for palm and app developers to utilize the banner notifications?
    and
    2. What ideas do you have for palm in further developing and perfecting the banner notification system?

I am to lazy to explain what banner notifications are, so please look it up before commenting. And i would like to focus on banner notifications rather that dashboard notifcations(save that for another thread).
  2.    #2  
    For me i would like to see some stock apps peridoically display your watch list in a ticker fashion and have it scroll across the screen. i think some paid stock apps do something of this sort already. also i would like to see text messages scroll across the entire banner notification line so we could see the whole thing instead of a truncated one.

for the second part i would love for future devices to have a dedicated little strip at the bottom for banner notifications, and for palm to implement it across other native apps.
    Yeah, I'd love if an RSS reader actually scrolled the stories' headlines occasionally in it.

I'm using NewsRoom, and all it does is tell me I have new stories available to read.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, I'd love if an RSS reader actually scrolled the stories' headlines occasionally in it.

I'm using NewsRoom, and all it does is tell me I have new stories available to read.
    That would be an excellent idea.
  5.    #5  
    Really only one other response then mine so far. This is one of the greatest features of webos. im pretty sure there are many current apps and future apps that can utilize this.
    I personally would like one that shows a little green thumbs up when my companies' build is ok and thumbs down when it's broken. I would imagine you could expand this to other things.

Its kind of a hard thing to really use besides status updates from apps, otherwise you'd really just open the app.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I personally would like one that shows a little green thumbs up when my companies' build is ok and thumbs down when it's broken. I would imagine you could expand this to other things.

Its kind of a hard thing to really use besides status updates from apps, otherwise you'd really just open the app.
    Well thats part of the question, like how can we use banner notifications from apps, that otherwise an identical app on another os wouldnt be able to take advantage of.

like a one idea i had would be for actual scrolling status updates from facebook of either all friends or certain selected friends status updates. it could be set up to come on at certain intervals or as status updates are posted. or come on when the app is open, that would be some real multitasking; i open the facebook app, and all the status updates starts scrolling across the bottom of the screen so i can go into card view or another app. and see all the status updates scrolling across the screen.
    I'd like a twitter client that, when closed, could show banner notification of tweets with arrows like those in music app to move between the tweets, and when you tap a tweet it would expand with the options "reply, retweet, open twitter client".
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Great idea. I'd also like to see scrolling for text messages and e-mail...so long as I had the option to turn that ability off and on.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic