Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47
  1.    #1  
    Just read on Engadget that there was a new mobile site for Youtube. Turns out that WebOS has been shafted again as a platform and will only display correctly if you spoof yourself as a iPhone. I'm only mad at the fact that WebOS is mainly ignored by Google and some other instances. I don't use the Youtube site so I don't really care about that aspect, but this is just another way for Google to stick it to WebOS...

    Is it really that hard to give us some slack?

    http://www.youtube.com/mobile


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Just read on Engadget that there was a new mobile site for Youtube. Turns out that WebOS has been shafted again as a platform and will only display correctly if you spoof yourself as a iPhone. I'm only mad at the fact that WebOS is mainly ignored by Google and some other instances. I don't use the Youtube site so I don't really care about that aspect, but this is just another way for Google to stick it to WebOS...

    Is it really that hard to give us some slack?

    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    IDK, it seems to dispaly fine on my Pre and I'm not using the spoof.

    I guess I will have to visit Engadget and see if it looks different in any screenshots they have.

    But I must say that the YouTube Mini app in the catalog works very well, even better in my opinion than the mobile site.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    IDK, it seems to dispaly fine on my Pre and I'm not using the spoof.

    I guess I will have to visit Engadget and see if it looks different in any screenshots they have.

    But I must say that the YouTube Mini app in the catalog works very well, even better in my opinion than the mobile site.
    You can just visit the youtube.com/mobile site and see the difference.

    I must say I'm surprised we got shafted on the new Youtube mobile given what an excellent and completely non-POS mobile app we have. I feel like going to the Google forums and complaining again, let's goooooooooooooo.

    HERE, goooooooooo here! ---> Why does the new Youtube Mobile not support Palm webOS?
    Last edited by malpha; 07/07/2010 at 10:42 PM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  4. #4  
    Just wondering why web pages can't be coded useing standards. Then it will frigging work no matter the client.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
  5. #5  
    utube mobile worked for me... But I have an app for that. What's the prob?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    utube mobile worked for me... But I have an app for that. What's the prob?
    It's not quite the same as how it will work for iPhone and Android, but should and could be identical.

    Use a computer and visit youtube.com/mobile and watch the video to see the differences.

    But agreed we do have an app for that... the Youtube Mini app is really good.
  7. #7  
    I guess the problem relates to no webOS respect.

    Their loss and not mine since I just looked at Youtube.com/mobile and it seems to work for me and guess what...they still don't have jack.

    Netflix...maybe something better to complain about, but I still understand what you mean. Sorli...
  8.    #8  
    It's the principle, not the idea. I'm not usually one to rant either, but when I do, it is something of important and I know my facts.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  9. #9  
    Yes we have a Youtube app, however, for anyone with an actual Youtube account that they use to upload videos, it becomes easy to see that the Youtube app we have is crappy.

    That's because it has no support for accessing your YouTube account. That means no easy access to your playlists, your favorites, your subscriptions and the app also provides no means for favoriting videos strictly in the app (to poorly compensate for not syncing with your account) nor does it provide means to read comments. Which yes, the comments generally suck, but the support should be anyway.

    The new Youtube mobile (hell, even the old one!) does provide support for logging in to let you see absolutely everything I just mentioned, as well as providing new abilities like thumbs ups video and create new playlists, view videos in HQ and so on. Basically, it now does everything the desktop version does.

    And actually, the iTunes spoof patch does not work with the new redesign. When you try to play a video, instead of directing you to the installed Youtube app, you get a pop-up asking your enable plug-ins in Safari settings. So actually, webOS users have no access to this redesign at all and are stuck using the "one step above crappy but still better than the native app" web version.

    Last edited by malpha; 07/07/2010 at 11:34 PM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  10. #10  
    I've posted my response in the Google thread. I definitely feel the same way as most people do...I'm tired of Google shafting the Palm community.
  11. #11  
    I think it comes down to this; WebOS is giving Google and Apple nightmares, because they can see the cream rising to the top.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  12. R_E
    R_E is offline
    R_E's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Yes we have a Youtube app, however, for anyone with an actual Youtube account that they use to upload videos, it becomes easy to see that the Youtube app we have is crappy.

    That's because it has no support for accessing your YouTube account. That means no easy access to your playlists, your favorites, your subscriptions and the app also provides no means for favoriting videos strictly in the app (to poorly compensate for not syncing with your account) nor does it provide means to read comments. Which yes, the comments generally suck, but the support should be anyway.

    The new Youtube mobile (hell, even the old one!) does provide support for logging in to let you see absolutely everything I just mentioned, as well as providing new abilities like thumbs ups video and create new playlists, view videos in HQ and so on. Basically, it now does everything the desktop version does.

    And actually, the iTunes spoof patch does not work with the new redesign. When you try to play a video, instead of directing you to the installed Youtube app, you get a pop-up asking your enable plug-ins in Safari settings. So actually, webOS users have no access to this redesign at all and are stuck using the "one step above crappy but still better than the native app" web version.
    Most likely a Android Spoof is needed to get this to work correctly.
  13. #13  
    yup, but the real question is hp gunna step up with some cash and advertise the palm products and get people to want them. When demand increases for the product, google and everyone else will provide support because each hit to their site is a dime from advertisers

    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I think it comes down to this; WebOS is giving Google and Apple nightmares, because they can see the cream rising to the top.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    yup, but the real question is hp gunna step up with some cash and advertise the palm products and get people to want them. When demand increases for the product, google and everyone else will provide support because each hit to their site is a dime from advertisers
    That's very true. By all indications, I think it's only a matter of time.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I think it comes down to this; WebOS is giving Google and Apple nightmares, because they can see the cream rising to the top.
    I don't like the cream though.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  16. #16  
    I knew I should have posted here instead. Not many reads the Cross Platform thread . Can I have my thread merged in here? lol. 0 Yeah, I tried iPhone spoof and doesn't work as well. Sucks!
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    I knew I should have posted here instead. Not many reads the Cross Platform thread . Can I have my thread merged in here? lol. 0 Yeah, I tried iPhone spoof and doesn't work as well. Sucks!
    Saw your other post and the iPhone spoof in WOSQI didn't install right for me either. Get it from here instead:

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...perfectly.html

    Although it still won't work for videos, it will now take you to the new page.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Saw your other post and the iPhone spoof in WOSQI didn't install right for me either. Get it from here instead:

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...perfectly.html

    Although it still won't work for videos, it will now take you to the new page.
    I'll Probably wait until after 1.4.5.1, still hoping it comes tonight.
  19. #19  
    Okay, first of all do you really think Google is purposely excluding WebOS? No. It's not some conspiracy to stop the rise of WebOS. The fact of the matter is, WebOS' browser isn't up to snuff and doesn't support a lot of the "standards".
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Okay, first of all do you really think Google is purposely excluding WebOS? No. It's not some conspiracy to stop the rise of WebOS. The fact of the matter is, WebOS' browser isn't up to snuff and doesn't support a lot of the "standards".
    I disagree. It's a webkit browser with decent html5.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions