1.    #1  
    What is the purpose of the folder /media/internal/.palm/ ? Is it absolutely necessary? Can it be deleted?
    Last edited by demetry14; 07/08/2010 at 10:31 AM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    What is the purpose of the folder /media/internal/.palm/ ? Is it absolutely necessary? Can it be deleted?
    Anyone know?
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Isn't that the encrypted filesystem? If so, its main purpose is apparently to slow down your phone.

Yes, your applications depend on this folder, but I too would be interested in a more technical explanation. Apparently it wasn't present in the original incarnations of webOS.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Isn't that the encrypted filesystem? If so, its main purpose is apparently to slow down your phone.

Yes, your applications depend on this folder, but I too would be interested in a more technical explanation. Apparently it wasn't present in the original incarnations of webOS.
    Your right, it was not present.

It is the encrypted filesystem that gets mounted under /media/cryptofs . You can get rid of it moving all the encrypted files out of it, but I don't recommend it. You may gain some boot seconds but it can have some nasty side effects

Side Note: Don't mess with it
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    It is the encrypted filesystem that gets mounted under /media/cryptofs . You can get rid of it moving all the encrypted files out of it, but I don't recommend it. You may gain some boot seconds but it can have some nasty side effects

Side Note: Don't mess with it
    Haha, thanks for the warning.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    for me, this folder is too huge. 400+ Mb
    anyone has this problem?
    I believe you'll see a direct correlation the apps you have installed. Probably some games, given that size. Compare its size with the decrypted version at /media/cryptofs (not visible from the USB partition).
    Quote Originally Posted by try0625 View Post
    for me, this folder is too huge. 400+ Mb
    anyone has this problem?
    If you have any 3D games that's why;. That folder holds all the applications and their data
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook