Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I am trying to find out if anyone knows why my phone would be making a quiet ringing noise when receiving a phone call when my phone is on silent? This just started 2 days ago and only when on the touchstone. I have not changed or updated anything for severa days, so I am at a loss.

Has anyone else experienced this or know how to stop it from happening?
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    [url= ringing[/url]
    tried this already, but can't find the same problem. All I see is for when the phone is not on the touchstone correctly. Mine is on it correct, but rings when I get a phone call and the phone is on silent.
    all phones ring when they are on the charger and set to vibrate or silent...

Its just how they are made they know when the phone is charging its not on you, therefor you cant feel it vibrate so it rings at the lowest volume... my old phones used to do it as well
    Last edited by broy83; 07/03/2010 at 10:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    it never did this before yesterday...it used to vibrate
    the mute switch must be on, or defective if it is playing a ringtone while on the touchstone. Get the patch that puts a mute symbol on the top when it is muted so you are sure it is engaged.

it really sounds like it isn't muted, but the volume turned very low.

also, do you keep a headset plugged in. The ringing will only be heard in the ear buds, but if you don't realize that it just sounds like very faint ringing.

give those ideas a try.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I've got the patch already installed and it shows it is muted...its not my standard ringer that rings when on the ts, it sounds like a ringer from an old style phone. I don't even have this tone in my phone. It's very odd.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    my pre plays a very dull sound when the phone is on silent on the touchstone, think its just a feature