Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21  
    ok, I downloaded the script and ran it using terminus. But, I have had no luck with cron. I've read several vague sites regarding crontabs and crond. From what I've read, WebOS clears the crontabs at every boot and you need to use events.d instead. At any rate, I am confused. I also read that cron won't run while the device is sleeping/stand by.
  2. #22  
    I'm having trouble finding Terminus. Is it in Preware?
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    ok, I downloaded the script and ran it using terminus. But, I have had no luck with cron. I've read several vague sites regarding crontabs and crond. From what I've read, WebOS clears the crontabs at every boot and you need to use events.d instead. At any rate, I am confused. I also read that cron won't run while the device is sleeping/stand by.
    I am not one for assisting beyond my scripts as i do not want to be responsible for user misunderstandings. You can possible make a thread asking for assistance with that.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by chad4359 View Post
    I'm having trouble finding Terminus. Is it in Preware?
    It is for me, check that you have your feeds enabled.

    ID: Terminus
    TYPE: Application
    CATEGORY: Utility
    FEED: WebOS Internals
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  5.    #25  
    I happen to have UberKernel installed and was checking out the animated background thread from my phone and received the "TMC" while I had 2 web pages open for the threads on animated backgrounds.

    It is a surprise to me that I received this as I have never before and the makers of UberKernel state you will not receive that error with UberKernel. Just thought I would give a little "FYI" and also state, this is why I have this patch back in crontabs.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I happen to have UberKernel installed and was checking out the animated background thread from my phone and received the "TMC" while I had 2 web pages open for the threads on animated backgrounds.

    It is a surprise to me that I received this as I have never before and the makers of UberKernel state you will not receive that error with UberKernel. Just thought I would give a little "FYI" and also state, this is why I have this patch back in crontabs.
    They don't say you won't ever get the error, but it is less common.

    Do you have a Sprint Pre? If so, then in your Govnah you may want to adjust the compcache settings to adjust the memory.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    They don't say you won't ever get the error, but it is less common.

    Do you have a Sprint Pre? If so, then in your Govnah you may want to adjust the compcache settings to adjust the memory.
    Hahaha, great idea, I must be a noob. Obviously "because I stated it" if I had never received it until visiting those forum threads, I have the settings most optimal for my Sprint Pre. I have been able to run multiple games, multiple web pages and other applications at the same time and never received this.

    I was not asking for advice, just giving my two cents, & I know UberKernel is not perfect and that it is being worked on.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  8.    #28  
    Updated the script to clear the swap by turning it off they clearing memory and turning it back on. This way the swap is empty also. If you don't want that to be done don't download the new script. If you do the download link is already updated so you can get it from the same old place.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  9. aredub's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #29  
    The patch seems to be working for me. Thanks!

    My Pre started giving me the 'Sorry, Too Many Cards' message every time I opened the photo roll. The message kept appearing even after closing every card.

    Robert
  10.    #30  
    Another update to the script, now when the swap is cleared it is cleared quickly and can be seen from Govnah if you run the script and swipe to Govnah right after.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions