1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Just a few little tidbits of new info, on what to expect within the webOS world, now that HP owns Palm.

It certainly is clear that HP intends to make a big push, into the mobile arena as well as, smart phones, (thus relieving a great deal of apprehension on our parts).

Take care, Jay

Back in Business: HP Sells Palm Pre, Confirms WebOS Tablets
    By Kurt Bakke on 2nd July, 2010

Back in Business: HP Sells Palm Pre, Confirms WebOS Tablets | ConceivablyTech

It took HP $1.2 billion to restart its smartphone business and save Palm. Don’t count on the existing Pre devices as they are already given away for a bargain. It’s WebOS HP wanted: The company confirmed new smartphones, tablets and netbook PCs and is telling developers to get to work.

I can’t quite recall how often HP has recently mentioned that hundreds of millions of smartphones are being sold every year and that it is a market of opportunity. Considering those statements, it should be no surprise that we are hearing more news, by the slice, that HP will, in fact, try to cash in.
    In its July 1 press release, the company said that “Palm will be responsible for webOS software development and webOS based hardware products, from a robust smartphone roadmap to future slate PCs and netbooks.” Palm will be led by its former CEO Jon Rubinstein, who will report to Todd Bradley, EVP for HP’s Personal Systems Group.

HP’s product strategy is quite blurry, but we are already seeing Palm devices being integrated into HP’s shopping site. Most phones are given away for free, the original Pre costs $100. It was expected, but it is clear that HP is now back in smartphone business. Rahul Sood, CTO for HP’s gaming business unit, recently wrote on his blog that the “The deal is closed, rest assured you will see WebOS live across a number of new devices, I just can’t wait to get my hands on some of the cool new stuff. No more covert BS, you will likely see more news around about HP and Palm, stay tuned and keep searching Google.”

Given Sood’s history of taking on Apple designs, including a Mac mini clone as well as a Macbook Air-like think notebook, an upscale tablet would be right up his alley. He has been promoting WebOS for some time now and encouraged developers to start working on the platform: “Instead of worrying you should think about developing Apps on it as soon as possible.”
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    We're ready whenever they are.
    cool, thanks for the post Jay.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    We're ready whenever they are.
    HI,

You got that right! take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Rahul Sood, CTO for HP’s gaming business unit, recently wrote on his blog that the “No more covert BS,”
    No more covert BS! That is my favorite part. It confirms the Gaming unit has been working on webOS products and keeping it secret.
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    No more covert BS! That is my favorite part. It confirms the Gaming unit has been working on webOS products and keeping it secret.
    WOW! this is amazing! hp has a gaming division? anyone know what they've done in the past? make the games that come with hp laptops?
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I want a WebOS tablet. Oh yeah.
    Original science fiction, fantasy and comics for WebOS - Galactic Beacon: Volume 1
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    WOW! this is amazing! hp has a gaming division? anyone know what they've done in the past? make the games that come with hp laptops?
    Hi all,

This is news to me. However, since they need to get content out there, to build a market for a webOS tablet or any other products, they need to do this!

Take care, Jay
    Here we go! HP and Palm FTW!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Voodoo/Palm webOS handheld gaming device with Unreal Engine FTMFW!