1.    #1  
    my work uses an IM software based on Jabber and and my IM vendor assured me that if I could find mobile I'm program that supports Jabber I could connect. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Im+ in the app catalog says it supports Jabber. It is going for 2.00 right now.
  3.    #3  
    thanks. I'm a little concerned aout some of the review, but i'll give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up.
    It does what is says it does. It isn't integrated into webos so you have to leave the app open to recieve messages. There is a thread that allows you to setup Jabber for the messaging app so it is integrated.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-services.html

What service are you trying to reach?
  5.    #5  
    excellent! Thanks for the link.
    you are welcome I used that link to setup jabber I can now access msn and it is integrated.
    greg's messaging plugins have a jabber client too.
  8.    #8  
    how do I find Greg's plugins?
    I could not get Greg's plug-ins to work on my ATT Pre+. I would like to try IM+ lite since my company uses a Jabber compatible client.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by spartini View Post
    how do I find Greg's plugins?
    Here:
    Messaging Plugins (Add more IM options to your Pre)
    Last edited by odontastic; 07/03/2010 at 12:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I could not get Greg's plug-ins to work on my ATT Pre+. I would like to try IM+ lite since my company uses a Jabber compatible client.
    Hi swieder,

If you could post on the Messaging Plugins thread what issues you had ill get them fixed ASAP.

Should be easy to fix (I hope)

Thanks,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi swieder,

If you could post on the Messaging Plugins thread what issues you had ill get them fixed ASAP.

Should be easy to fix (I hope)

Thanks,
    Greg
    Thanks. I think there are some posts on the Messaging Plugins thread about issues getting the Plugins to work on an ATT Pre+. I can add my details too. I would prefer your patch versus IM+
    You can set up any jabber server by putting a line in /etc/hosts that reads

<ip address of jabber server> talk.google.com

After that add the account as a google talk account. Works for Facebook_ and should work for all other jabber/xmpp services.
    Quote Originally Posted by robvanvliet View Post
    You can set up any jabber server by putting a line in /etc/hosts that reads

<ip address of jabber server> talk.google.com

After that add the account as a google talk account. Works for Facebook_ and should work for all other jabber/xmpp services.
    What address do I use if I want to try modifying my hosts file for Facebook?