Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ZombieElvis
  1.    #1  
    This morning I got an email from HP. I get them a lot as I own several HP laptops. But what really made the email stand out for me was that it contained a link to this page which is a new phone store populated chiefly by webOS phones. (They also have an iPAQ in there but it's off to the side in their "featured" section.) I guess it's not a huge surprise that HP would do this but it is nevertheless nice to see that HP is not merely absorbing Palm into its Borg Collective but also actively promoting it.
    tuss2501 likes this.
    hmm they feel the need to make sure everyone knows they are the color black... New colors maybe?
    Hi, I am glad to see they hit the ground running. Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    It's interesting to note that they areagoing to still call it a palm and not an hp.
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    It's interesting to note that they areagoing to still call it a palm and not an hp.
    Well, they have a history of keeping brand names when they buy out other companies.

Before they bought out compaq, both companies made PocketPC's. However, when they bought out compaq, they kept the ipaq name instead of the Jornada name.
    If you look at the bottom of Palm's site it now says...

" 2010 Palm, Inc., a subsidiary of Hewlett-Packard Company."

This makes me think they will retain the Palm brand.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Eh, call me a pessimist, but I wouldn't read too much into that page. There's a big difference between actively promoting/developing and simply continuing to sell an existing line. It's gratifying that they're not just unceremoniously killing it off, to be sure, but until they announce any new hardware development, I'm not going to get too excited.

I'll admit, though, I do harbor hope that there's a nice HP iPad competitor running WebOS in the offing. Assuming they get the hardware right, I'd be all over that.