Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
  1.    #161  
    Everything has been updated as of today.

Couple of key notes

1. Two more weeks of voting left
    2. Kernels are excluded (for this poll I have a few other ideas for them)
    3. Users who submitted multiple patches, only the first patch is taken (I know it's tough to pick one, but something has to stand out above the rest)

Homebrew developers keep up the good work, looking at the results you have a very passionate group
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    My company doesn't support EAS for personal phones. I'd like OWA email support...
    While it would be very difficult to chose a favorite patch, the criteria of making a patch standard for everyone is a little easier. Just need to think of a feature that transparently improves usability without any potential downsides...

I'll have to go with displaying the Ringer Switch Icon.
    virtual keyboard (only if it's more compatible for the pixi)
  5. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Impossible to live without at least ten patches, but for the sake of boosting Palm's market share, 4x4, 5x4 or 5x5 icons. This would do the most good in selling more Palm smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by ceph View Post
    virtual keyboard (only if it's more compatible for the pixi)
    I find that a bit puzzling...... why would you need the virtual keyboard on a Pixi when you have the physical keyboard always open and availabe?

(For the Pre it saves opening the slider if you need it for something really short).
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I find that a bit puzzling...... why would you need the virtual keyboard on a Pixi when you have the physical keyboard always open and availabe?

(For the Pre it saves opening the slider if you need it for something really short).
    Landscape. Entry text is larger while requiring less zooming and moving back and forth. One of the reasons typing portrait on the Pre is a pain (the other, of course, being that the text box DOESN'T SCROLL WITH YOU.......can we get a patch for that?)
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Ahhhh.... didn't think of that.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Indicate which calls were incoming and which ones were outgoing
    I'm a former Treo user, so here we go:
    1. Different ringtones for those in your Contacts from those who are not
    2. Palm-developed desktop-to-device data transfer a la Treo (I tried CompanionLink and was underwhelmed)
    4. Ability to delete multiple email/messages in bulk
    5. Louder ringtone

A few of these have been posted
    Quote Originally Posted by ECUPirate01 View Post
    Indicate which calls were incoming and which ones were outgoing
    Already does that......
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post

I use my pixi in landscape orientation while on the web and the current VKB cuts off of the screen.
    I would like an ignore with text option included. Get a phone call tap the button to ignore with text and a preset message. Patch is available here http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2456808
    sms tone per contact. I love how when my Pre is sitting on my Touchstone at work all the iPhone ******* I work with are always hating on the 15+ different sms sounds I have for different groups. And then how they hate on my having the Touchstone. With the Pong Clock running on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ceph View Post
    I use my pixi in landscape orientation while on the web and the current VKB cuts off of the screen.
    Don't stop pestering the dev until he fixes that.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  16.    #176  
    The end of the month officially ends tomorrow, however as being I don't generally "work" on the weekends I will be closing this poll out tonight 7pm est.

At this time I will be doing a final tally of the results. Since the poll will be closing I will share with you my intentions of this poll.

I will be gathering the results and everything that has 2 or more requests I will be pulling aside. I will then be spending this weekend (and honestly probably a little longer) understanding what each patch does and pushing a feature request through for these patches. This does not in any way guarantee anything, so I don't want anyone to think that it's a sure thing that its going to be in webOS now, but at the same time I don't want anyone thinking nothing is going to happen with it.

With that being said I want to thank everyone who contributed and I want to thank all the creators of these patches that have made webOS the product it is today.

I hope you all look forward to next week's "poll" question, and although I can't promise all questions will be as exciting and fulfilling as this one, I hope it's seen as a sign of good faith, and Palm although often silent is always listening..
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    kudos to you. I'm sure you've seen that there is no "killer patch" but a long list of smartphone features that need to be rolled in to reach feature parity with other smartphones, including Centro/Treo. Thanks for gathering this info from us!
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    The one patch I would love to see, that I used on my treo 700p prior to my pre, would be the ability to hide app icons. To go along with this, I'd love to see the ability to assign speed keys (tap-hold) to applications....they can be assigned only to phone numbers for quick dial. Palm OS had the ability to assign applications to speed keys.

I kept my treo uncluttered by assigning my most-used apps to speed keys, then hiding their icons from the launcher.
    HB..

If the cut-off is 2 minimum requests, then the tally should be at 2 for Device Menu Megamix, because Uberkernel shouldn't count for drizek's first choice, and he named it "top bar megamix", which is the same.

And it ranks extremely high on joncc's list when not limited to only one patch, which proves it's a more "universal" patch that everybody should enjoy.

Back to my vacation. 8)
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Is there a patch in the works that will allow me to ignore a call with text like the Palm Centro used to do or is that a recommendation for Palm?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast