Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    one more I got aware of through this post:

- Delete from notification. (Very helpful.)
    Quote Originally Posted by palimpalim View Post
    one more I got aware of through this post:

- Delete from notification. (Very helpful.)
    I would prefer Mark Read from Notification Swipe, but that doesn't exist yet.
    I'm saying the browser multi-mod is necessary.

Full screen browsing on the pre makes things much more tolerable, the standard browser combined with the Pre's small screen = painful. In fact, despite all my difficulty with my early-pre adoption (multiple shattered touchscreens and replacements), if I had to make one complaint about the stock pre it would be that the screen is just a bit too small for internet browsing - the browser multi-mod gives you -sooo- much more screen real estate.

That said, I have tons of patches I "need" to enjoy my Pre (virtual keyboard not being one of them, I have it and rarely ever use it, mostly because up until very recently it was complete rubbish - you need it's associated patches to really enjoy it, and an overclocking kernel to make it responsive).

Reduce drag radius to 15px (I found 15 px to be my sweet spot) is a -must-, add date to the top bar by the clock is nice, ad blocker for the browser is -awesome-, the browser mega mix makes browsing feel -much- better, auto enable/disable gps for maps is cool, auto show dialpad for outgoing calls ends a very annoying "feature" of the pre, device menu megamix makes everything easy to use and gives me a flashlight, faster card animations makes me smile, no auto refresh after idle ends an annoying browser habit, and, of course, overclocking to 800 mhz with the f104a kernel makes me at least 62.5% happier.
    Virtual Keyboard done right. The current patch version is just a little too buggy for me.
    I would like x1.25, x1.5, x2 speed capabilities in the music player app.
    even though it is not even close to being my favorite patch, or the most important patch. This patch should have been included from the very beginning, and that is the chat history balloon color patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    This is my efforts and is something I decided to do. I plan on trying to do something about once a month to get community engagement ( I mean this is the best webOS community for feedback right?)

I have a few other things planned so things should get pretty interesting. I can't promise all projects, polls, questionnaires whatever you want to call them will have to do with the homebrew aspect (there's only so many questions to ask) but I hope that it's still interesting enough to get feedback from.
    Are Palm tech people allowed to install any patches on their phones at all, or is it required that you keep a "stock" phone?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    reduce radius drag
    I like that palm is getting more involved in the community makes me wanna put more support behind them
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    That's awesome, that you can click on the Email icon and get to the inbox instead of the actual email. I was always going to the specific email then backing up to the inbox. This is great.
  11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Are Palm tech people allowed to install any patches on their phones at all, or is it required that you keep a "stock" phone?
    There is no "rule" against it. I just do it because it's easier for me to troubleshoot that way..also it takes preware completely out of the picture if I can replicate the issue on a stock Pre, so it makes it easier for myself.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I'm sure that some must be using patches. They could not be that blinkered could they? We all know that the stock Pre is nowhere near the phone that a patched one is. It would cartainly give us a much better chance of having some included if we had some "converts" on the "inside".
    *_-=COUGH=-_* Device Menu Megamix *_-=COUGH=-_*

Oh yea... and Hardbeatz...

I know you just said one, but I think that adding one more tally mark for a specific feature in MultiMod - page up/down, should be represented like so (you can just copy & paste )...

Browser MultiMod (specifically page up/down keys)

add/delete pages, after that: landscape for all apps
    a software slider for the multimedia volume would be nice (my hardware butten broke)
    Quote Originally Posted by herrscher View Post
    a software slider for the multimedia volume would be nice (my hardware butten broke)
    You can already do this from the sounds&ringtones app.
    Add/Delete pages. 3 Pages isn't enough for my organizing needs. I like to have pages be category specific. One for net (bookmarks, twitters, messaging, email etc), 2nd for Buisness apps, (calendar, notes, todo, Password etc), 3rd for entertainment(Camera, photos, video, music, podcast, games), 4 for stores (app catalog, preware, featured apps, amazon mp3, movie locations, food locations, etc), 5th for settings, and 6th for Misc. (Bloatware mostly)
    I would really like the WebOS to allow for landscape email and SMS.

Thanks!
    I'd love it if the email app could be given the option not to have priority over the UI. IOW, delay syncing until the phone is asleep. This is probably my biggest annoyance with webOS, because if the email app starts to sync while the device is awake, it freezes the UI, interrupting whatever you're doing at the time until the sync is complete. I wonder if this is one of the reasons some people say that webOS devices are "laggy"?
    Quote Originally Posted by herrscher View Post
    Device Menu Megamix allows this.

This is the #1 patch that puts webOS above all the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyrInFL View Post
    I would really like the WebOS to allow for landscape email and SMS.

Thanks!
    Landscape Email is obvious to me....

But Landscape SMS on the other hand, I just don't get. You can review email in landscape... but SMS are just gonna have to be responded to instantaneously in portrait position with the keys out and about.

Landscape SMS? Really?!!

Landscape Email? I can use it day-in and day-out.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast