Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Everything has been updated

Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    HardBeatZ,

I don't know if this is a Palm, Palm/HP or HP idea (or you, once again going above and beyond), but it is a great idea and I hope this info gets back to the right people.
    This is my efforts and is something I decided to do. I plan on trying to do something about once a month to get community engagement ( I mean this is the best webOS community for feedback right?)

I have a few other things planned so things should get pretty interesting. I can't promise all projects, polls, questionnaires whatever you want to call them will have to do with the homebrew aspect (there's only so many questions to ask) but I hope that it's still interesting enough to get feedback from.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I'll add a new one: Multi email to inbox

This patch changes the behavior when you click on an email notification so that if the notification is for multiple emails you are directed to your inbox instead of the most recent email. If you click on an email notification for a single email it behaves normally and you are taken directly to the email itself.

I haven't seen a patch like this yet and this seemed like a good place to introduce the idea. It probably isn't and for that I apologize.
    Last edited by misterpepper; 07/07/2010 at 10:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterpepper View Post
    I'll add a new one: Multi email to inbox

This patch changes the behavior when you click on an email notification so that if the notification is for multiple emails you are directed to your inbox instead of the most recent email. If you click on an email notification for a single email it behaves normally and you are taken directly to the email itself.

I haven't seen a patch like this yet and this seemed like a good place to introduce the idea. it probably isn't and for that I apologize.
    That's cause you don't need a patch, since the Pre actually does this. Kind of a hidden feature, though, I guess. If you click on the email icon (the one on left with the number of emails) instead of the sender/subject line of the email, you will be taken to your inbox instead of the most recent email. This works with a single email as well.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Flashlight in device menu. I have to use it all the time.

I would have recommended top 5 patches instead of just 1.
    I have such a survey going here. Survey - Most popular patches. Love to have everybody's input. (I will add replies from here where I can establish top 5's)

4x4 Icons is top of both, but quite a difference in the virtual keyboard voting between the two surveys.
    Last edited by johncc; 07/07/2010 at 07:50 PM.
    get rid of the "launcher" icon in the quick launch bar... it's useless and can't be moved.
    Faster Card Animations
    SMS Tones per Contact, please.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    get rid of the "launcher" icon in the quick launch bar... it's useless and can't be moved.
    It's really useful for first time users of webOS, for example, when I lend my Pre to my friends they use the icon because they are not used to the gestures (just 2 of my friends have learned well how to use gestures).
    1. VKB that works everywhere

2. Advanced configuration of App Launcher
    Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Treo 180 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Palm Pre (busted) -> iPhone4 (awesome) + iPad
    5*4 Icons in Launcher

Hate scrolling down and up for apps, so it's the one thing that after a webos update that just looks so wrong for me with the number of apps we all have that needs to be addressed by Palm to give users a choice, whether it be 3x4, 4x4, 5x4....etc. [hard choice with 53 patches installed ]
    Boy, this is a tough one...I've got 39 patches installed on my Pre. I like my patches so much that I won't allow the Pre to update to the latest version of webOS until the patches are all online for that update.

Ubercalendar is an awesome patch.
    Landscape email is very helpful, too, as is having a virtual keyboard.

Thanks for asking, HardBeatZ!
  12. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Well even though this isn't a choice, compache. However of the ones available,

Browser Multi-Mod

(won't vote for the VKeyboard because its pointless, but i still want it)
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I have such a survey going here. Survey - Most popular patches. Love to have everybody's input. (I will add replies from here where I can establish top 5's)

4x4 Icons is top of both, but quite a difference in the virtual keyboard voting between the two surveys.
    Nice work sifting through results. Thanks!
    Seriously now, the one I mentioned is not even a patch, but it would be nice to be able to remove it, or even have a scrolling quick launch bar that held about 10 icons.

As far as actual pactches go, I'm torn between "Ringer Switch Icon" and "Enable Add/Delete (launcher) Pages"... these both should be a default features of webOS.
    Oh, man... this is TOUGH... if I had to pick one patch to be built into webOS, and only one. Well, I'd have to say... SMS Vibrate to Five Seconds. The default vibrate on my Pre Plus is pitiful... I don't notice it at all! It's terribly weak and way too short- it's useless. I know 5 seconds is a bit long for most people- I could get along with 3 seconds or something, but 5 seconds guarantees that I'll never miss a text notification unless. Extending message vibration in webOS is a must. Thanks for making this thread btw- I'd never considered it before, but now I realized that it's the most important patch I have out of my 37 patches.
    gosh this is a tough one.

I'd have to say SMS tone and ringtone per contact.

I would like to see, send video via mms, send multiple pics through mms and or send a combination of video and a pic if you wanted through mms also.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Nice work sifting through results. Thanks!
    You didn't post your 5 over there though?
    • Either UberCalendar or "All-Day Events in Month View", "More Reminder Alarm Times" (plus a "number of week" in at least month view which isn't available separately)
    • Reduce Drag Radius (15px seems to work fine)
    • Snooze Duration Selection
    I'd say the Battery Icon As Percent should be a default function.
    The way the Pre sucks the battery like it does, I really feel users should be always instantly aware of the available charge.

I have 51 patches installed to make this phone as it should be to me. Without the community here, I don't think I could have stuck with the Pre; palm, I feel, has really lost their touch compared to PalmOS (I realize I'm preaching to the choir).
    But while many of my patches are of my own preference (such as 4x4 icons or One Minute Intervals [calendar times]), there are so many that I cannot believe are missing... Character Counter and Timestamps for Messaging, for instance. I mean, ***? How are those not standards?
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    You didn't post your 5 over there though?
    I'm getting there!

Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    gosh this is a tough one.

I'd have to say SMS tone and ringtone per contact.

I would like to see, send video via mms, send multiple pics through mms and or send a combination of video and a pic if you wanted through mms also.
    I don't think MMS as a service will support multiple attachments, unless you are proposing it just send multiple messages out and it appear that you only sent one, just as if you send an sms out past 160 characters, it would appear as one outgoing sms.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast