Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    add pages is probably the most important.

I personally hate the named pages because:
    a. it take sup space
    b. do you not use the phone constantly all day every day? Do you seriously have that much trouble remembering where things are? Plus theres already universal search. Just seems silly.
    pre broke and just got my replacement, so for the moment I am patchless, the one I miss most and am about to install:

Reduce Drag Radius (can't remember, but I think I used to have 10)

Pre just operates much smoother with it. Though I would argue that since there are different options people prefer, new WebOS versions should make it ajdustable rather than just changing it for everyone.
    Last edited by Courousant; 07/07/2010 at 04:37 PM.
    uber calendar
    Ya know, Im torn here.

I think the advanced configuration in launcher should be part of standard software. Mostly so that I could use the advanced options in launcher patch as well. Right now, as near as I can tell I can only have one or the other installed.

BUT... that said. Something simple like the "gesture area + tap" mods are nice too. Simply because I try to use my slider as little as possible during the day, to save a bit of wear. And it just makes sense...
    As others have said, very hard to pick just one.

But Uber Calendar makes the calendar app actually useful and I would hate to be without it.

Landscape e-mail would run a close second, I guess.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I currently have 25 patches and a lot of them are what I would consider critical to my daily use of the phone. Listed in order of priority with some limited explanation are my top few:

1. Landscape email. Email is arguably more important even than the phone on smartphone devices. This is a critical critical function. Hopefully the next form has a landscape keyboard as well.
    2. Reply forwards multi-mod. Using this phone for business means the email formatting should be able to be formatted appropriately. Outlook style email formatting is also a critical function.
    3. PDF redux. This goes for a future document reader editor as well. Landscape mode and minimizing headers for maximum viewable area is crucial to the functionality of this app. Otherwise the big Droid screen is starting to look real appealing.
    4. Hide app vendors. Especially with the opening of developer access, some controls for the user to filter out app spam is critical to the app store being usable.
    5. Battery Icon and percent. This is useful.
    6. Volume control slider in advanced menu. The number of volume control notches is inadequate. The slider resolves this but so would greater volume control from the buttons. My Pre has 9 and my iPhone has 16. 'Nuff said.
    7. Advanced device menu. Combustibility of this menu to access advanced functions is really useful. While not critical, this is still a function that I use daily.
    8. Device temp warnings. It would be better to access the processor temp but using the phone outside in Phoenix, Las Vegas, or Abu Dhabi (from personal experience) pushes the limit of what this device can be exposed to. I have this patch and get warnings frequently outside. This tells me that maybe the built in safeguards are not accounting for all real world scenarios. Food for thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by awegwert View Post
    7. Advanced device menu. Combustibility of this menu to access advanced functions is really useful. While not critical, this is still a function that I use daily.
    Combustibilty? Horrible spell check correction. Meant customizability.
    There are so many (sigh). If I had to pick one: reduce drag radius.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Pretty simple actually: uberkernel.

THere are some interface issues with the pre, but i am willing to live with all of them as long as the phone runs faster.

If you don't want the phone to catch fire though, I would have to say the top bar megamix, although that also goes along with the battery icon and percent patch, since the battery level is removed from the megamix. Being able to set brightness from any screen is extremely important, and having full control over all the radios is cool for me, but probably not something to put on the default interface.

4 x 4 icons is a no-brainer, I really don't understand why palm did it any different.

Guys, put your patch names in bold, since he is keeping a tally, it makes it easier
    Last edited by drizek; 07/07/2010 at 04:25 PM.
    Somebody help me out with the "Delete from Notification" patch. How is that different than just pushing the notification to the side/away? That gets rid of the notification, too, right? The patch do something more than that?
    and having full control over all the radios is cool for me

Help a newb out, why do you want control over the radios? Can you give me examples of when you use this functionality? thanks.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinoishere View Post
    and having full control over all the radios is cool for me

Help a newb out, why do you want control over the radios? Can you give me examples of when you use this functionality? thanks.
    I can turn off GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi and Data and the Pre battery will last forever. It comes in really handy if you are ever in a situation where you only need to use the Pre as a phone but your battery is down below 30% and you need it to last for several more hours.
    Makes sense. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    To expand on what Jason said...
    If we have to pick one, I think the easy quick ones should remain HB...They already work and are backupable and resinstallable without issue. The ones we should concentrate on getting to be stock should be the ones that give WebOS Internals/Canuck headaches:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ta-update.html

My vote is for SMS Tone per Contact!
    kernels and patches are different.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinoishere View Post
    Somebody help me out with the "Delete from Notification" patch. How is that different than just pushing the notification to the side/away? That gets rid of the notification, too, right? The patch do something more than that?
    The patch deletes the e-mail from your inbox in addition to removing the notification. Handy if you see it is something that you know you don't need to read, saves you the trouble of deleting it later.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Landscape email & messaging
    Virtual keyboard, hands down. I have about 20 patches installed, but that was the only real hassle to deal with when I first got my Pre Plus (first Palm device, 2 epic fails before I got it right).

Alternately, launcher view modes would be nice (i.e. toggle icon grid vs. list, 3x3 vs. 4x4, etc.), or else something to scroll text that doesn't fit the screen (e.g. web address bar).
    Virtual keyboard.
    WITHOUT A DOUBT....

Device Menu Megamix

I'd probly switch to Android if it weren't for that patch. Makes controlling the phone ridiculously simple.

I really hope that they tweak the device menu to be a bit more functional. That would be swell...

EDIT: Oh yea... and gimme page up/down functionality in the browser (like the Browser MultiMod offers). That's killer for saving battery life and it's good arthritis prevention, as well.