Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    auto hang up/send to vm in contacts
    one is just not enough.

I'm looking for more then just a quick amateur patch from Palm. I'm looking for the real deal.

I want a Super prefernces where you can toggle on and off all the options these patches give and MORE.

So there's my one patch. I'm not asking for 1. I'm asking for the option of All.

easy toggle 4x4 icons to 5x4 and so on.
    MSN on the native IM client, please.
    No Alert During Call, It should have been added a long time ago. There's nothing more annoying than an SMS alert tone going off in your ear while you're on the phone.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    what is Bin email from notification - 1
    multiple launcher pages
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I'm on Bell Canada

1) MSN messenger (please)
    2) Battery percentage
    I have 33 patches installed according to Preware

If I had to pick one than its Ubercalendar because using the Calendar is such a key feature for me.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    HardBeatZ,

I have been running a similar survey since 21st May here - http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2533776

In that survey of people's 5 most essential patches, 60% of the 62 respondents regard a higher launcher icon density as essential.

The top of my ordered list looks like this (I've grouped the 5x_ Icons out of order with the 4x4 Icons)

Patch Name, votes, % of total

4x4 Icons, 29, 48%
    5x4 Icons, 3, 5%
    5x5 icons, 4, 7%
    Enable Add/Delete Pages in Launcher, 21, 34%
    Battery icon as Percent, 16, 26%
    Advanced Reset Options, 14, 23%
    Device Menu Megamix, 11, 18%
    Enable Landscape Messaging, 8, 13%
    Messaging timestamps, 8, 13%
    As people have said in my thread, it is very hard to just pick 5, so 1 is almost impossible, I would have 13 patches that I would miss equally. But if you said that I could only have 1 instead of my 22, it would be

Reduced Drag Radius

To state the obvious, the answer to many of the patches would be implement them as preferences.

Thanks for taking an interest.
    Last edited by johncc; 07/03/2010 at 05:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Sounds like "Delete From Notification" (email)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post

Including *all* of the top 50 patches? Madness. People who actually install 50 patches? Madness. Can you imagine what a major disaster of menus and settings and configuration sliders that would result in?

The only patch that I have ever installed on my Pre is a force roaming toggle. Most of the other ones strike me as anti-features that are unintuitive and only serve to add additional clutter. I agree with landscape email and messaging, but again, only if it's something that the user can toggle. I read email while I am laying on my side quite a bit, and it's nice that I can do this right now without having the screen flop around.
    I have 22 patches of which I regard about a dozen as must haves. Don't see how you could call such things as a character counter in the messaging application an anti-feature. I would say that it's a basic feature that should be there as standard.

In my opinion landscape viewing should be available in every program that it makes sense to be able to view in landscape. Your objection should be catered for by a facility to globally deselect auto-rotation when that is required. (eg laying on your side or on your back.)
    Ringer Switch Icon.
    Great suggestions and I use half or 80% of these mentioned and would also like an on/off switch interface.

Actually, I'd also like a patch that provides Double Tap or Two-finger Tap options similar to Right-Clicks on my laptop.

Like in web browsing, Double-Tap Screen or Gesture Area (these could also be destinct) brings up a popup menu with Bookmarks, Add to Favorite, Reload, etc.

Gesture Area Tap patches provide and extend a bunch of options, but I guess I'm just expecting more from our Multi-touch interface especially when new devices and slates lose the keyboard providing our bevy of present shortcuts.

Either way, this belongs in another Post and I was just curious what you thought. Sorli...
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Sounds like "Delete From Notification" (email)
    I did not know that. I will lump those together. I don't dig into patches much. I have a stock Pre mostly for troubleshooting bugs etc. So I just taking the wording that is placed in their response.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    HardBeatZ,

I have been running a similar survey since 21st May here - http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2533776

In that survey of people's 5 most essential patches, 60% of the 62 respondents regard a higher launcher icon density as essential.

The top of my ordered list looks like this (I've grouped the 5x_ Icons out of order with the 4x4 Icons)

As people have said in my thread, it is very hard to just pick 5, so 1 is almost impossible, I would have 13 patches that I would miss equally. But if you said that I could only have 1 instead of my 22, it would be

Reduced Drag Radius

To state the obvious, the answer to many of the patches would be implement them as preferences.

Thanks for taking an interest.
    I agree it's hard to pick just 1, but we have to start somewhere and as tough as it is, just got to think hard about it and figure out what that one missing feature is that you really want that a patch takes care of for you.

To note everyone who is listing multiple patches I am just taking the first one listed..

Also I plan on doing one of these survey, poll, question (whatever you want to call it) about once a month to try to really get the community feedback and make sure the voices are being heard. I encourage everyone to participate, but it is of course optional.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Wow. Thanks for asking.

I use over 40 patches and need them all. But the one allowing an option for 4x4 v3 icons in the browser is huge.

Smartphone Junior

The webOS 3x4 icons makes the Pre look like a toy especially when you see it next to every other smart phone at a Sprint store. 3x4 makes the screen look even smaller.

The webOS 3x4 makes the Pre look like it should be in the children's section. You might as well name it the Fairi.

4x4 Patch with iPhone Black Theme

4x4 v3 is so simple, so tested. Just make it an option please. The 3x4 makes webOS look like a junior smart phone. Ask any Sprint store rep. How do you even get someone to pick up a 3x4 phone?

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 07/03/2010 at 08:34 AM.
    UberKernal with compcache enabled Yeah yeah, not exactly a patch, but a guy can dream, can't he?

That, or add/remove pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I don't dig into patches much. I have a stock Pre mostly for troubleshooting bugs etc. So I just taking the wording that is placed in their response.
    They should give you a second one, so that you can join the "patching" party with that one and really see what the Pre is capable of.
    Since the last update added different notification sounds per email account I'd like to see the SMS per contact patch added to the OS. It's nice being able to differentiate who the text is from without taking my phone out of it's case. Some texts require a more timely response.
    Wow, impossible to pick just one as a true "favorite" I have about 30 and I just recently went through them to see if I could cut back before the update and didn't find a single one I was comfortable living without for even a few days. haha

If I absolutely had to pick one, I'd have to go with the 4X4 or 5X5 launcher.

As milominderbinder stated, it makes the Pre look much better right from the get-go as well as making it possible to have more Apps available with a single swipe+tap. This is a big deal to a lot of people.

I myself currently have the 5X5 with the Quick Launch hidden in Launcher and no Icon Titles, so I actually get 30 app icons per launcher page, even with minimized notifications.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast