Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Hello,

Having used the Uberkernel/Govnah combination for the past 4 days I must say I love the overclocking, even though at times I have very weird sluggishness that fixes with a shutdown/restart.

My question is, I've read about other overclockers (there's 3 or 4 different ones now I believe), and was wondering if someone in the know could post the advantages/disadvantages of running the different ones.

Like I said, Uber seems to run great with my 250/800 setup and Compcache enabled (by the way, is it best to have in enabled or not?) but wanna know if people have had better luck with others.

Thanks!
    Mostly depends on you the user.

For safety and stability I would recommend using Govnah with Uberkernal...then turn the Compcache on (Compcache is really only useful if you have a Sprint Pre...not a Plus). But to each their own. There are way faster kernals, but most are still not fully stable and tested.

Currently I am using the Screenstate 500-720 (as the 250 doesnt play well with my Pre), then Compcache set to 16mbMy Pre using sits between 28-41 degrees in temp and its snappy.

good luck!

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Check out Thread, Which Kernel is the best. It will give you a wealth of insight to many of the kernels. In my opinion I must say Warthog with Govnah
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Thanks Tooley.. I'll jump over there.
    Warthog with Govnah is very good, having use it for 2 days now, good battery life and fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLEY View Post
    Check out Thread, Which Kernel is the best. It will give you a wealth of insight to many of the kernels. In my opinion I must say Warthog with Govnah
    I actually recommend against warthog, unless you can read the git and understand what is going on. Remember that warthog is a testbed kernel.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrok View Post
    Thanks Tooley.. I'll jump over there.
    I hope that I was able to give you some insight into the different kernels available.

the only reason I say Warthog, is for myself it's a very simple and reliable n detailed kernel.

Yes Warthaog is in testing as are majority of the Kernels, even Uberkernal is still updated with added features, usually only making it better by
    taking the best of the best.
    I say try and find what you like, each person has their own taste n that's just fine. Just trying to help out.

USE AT OWN RISK, Kernels are EXperimental
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I've been using F105 Thunderchief for ~10 days. It's great! Noticeably faster than my wife's Pre running Uberkernel at 800 MHz. The latest build - 60 is very stable and has great battery life.
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLEY View Post
    I hope that I was able to give you some insight into the different kernels available.

the only reason I say Warthog, is for myself it's a very simple and reliable n detailed kernel.

Yes Warthaog is in testing as are majority of the Kernels, even Uberkernal is still updated with added features, usually only making it better by
    taking the best of the best.
    I say try and find what you like, each person has their own taste n that's just fine. Just trying to help out.

USE AT OWN RISK, Kernels are EXperimental
    Warthog is NOT in testing and is NOT for end-users, it is strictly a test bed for developers that is changed without warning. It is not the same as the F series or compcache or the alpha version of uber.
    Last edited by pip smith; 07/02/2010 at 06:02 PM.
    I am def. Not a developer and know nothing about it. But Warthog seems to be the BOOOOMB!!

I have just installed it earlier this morning on 1.4.5 and it seems really reliable.
    It drains less than two percent of my bat prprpr. $Hour$ $when$ $in$ $screenstate$ $and$ $not$ $used$. $My$ $phone$ $got$ $up$ $to$ $50C$ $hot$ $today$ $because$ $of$ $using$ $it$ $in$ $the$ $sun$, $turned$ $the$ $screen$ $of$ $and$ $put$ $it$ $in$ $the$ $shade$, $3$ $min$ $later$ $it$ $was$ $down$ $to$ $35C$. $It$ $seems$ $really$ $stable$ $and$ $less$ $laggy$ $than$ $other$ $kernels$ $I$ $have$ $tried$.

Again I know nothing, but I am willing to blow up my phone for the speed as the app cat. In non pre countries is poooooooooooor. So while my phone can't do anything cool, it can sure do it fast :-)

greets from Denmark.
    Rune