Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    @ stevesrjrcg and sfhandyman
    thanks for being open and honest contributors. I know there is some confusion out there.... And it's good to get as much of it cleared up as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    I might have been wrong about the other kernels being not safe. I should have limited my post to the info I was certain about and that is Uber and Govnah are safe. I'll let more knowledgable folks address other kernels. I apolpgize if I confused the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Sorry for going off like I did. I've had a long stressful day. You were not in the wrong for saying that, your intentions were good. With that said even though these new kernals are OTA safe it would never hurt to remove them before an update back to the recovery kernals listed in preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    @ stevesrjrcg and sfhandyman
    thanks for being open and honest contributors. I know there is some confusion out there.... And it's good to get as much of it cleared up as possible.
    Ok, now that everyone is on the same page. I believe Rod's advice is best. Delay accepting the update until we know how the devices respond to the update. Be prepared to remove the kernels if needed. This shouldn't be nessesary, but the kernels haven't gone through an update yet. So staying abreast of the proceedings after the update is released would be advisable. (I'm paraphrasing but I'm pretty sure this was the gist of his advice on this matter).
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    OK...Did I miss something? Was 1.4.5 released? When and where? Second, I have a lot of patches installed, do I need to remove them?

What is OTA?

Thanks!

PS> Oh! Did the update contain Flash????????
    OTA = Over The Air
    Do I have to keep track of which patches I've installed, or will Preware do that for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    Do I have to keep track of which patches I've installed, or will Preware do that for me?
    Preware will list any installation thru Preware in the Preware start up screen.
    I for one will wait until the 1.45 is tested by the experts with patched phones before I apply it. I figure I'll save a few days of anxiety if I bork something up. This is best left to the experts.
  7.    #28  
    I made a visit to the doctor for a check up. Im starting fresh.
    Prebackup and save/restore rock.
    Im ready for 1.4.5
    C'mon Sprint give us our dang update so we can stop mashing the Updates App.
    I have a pixi and want to get my 3D on :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Safe: all patches, apps and UberKernel + Govnah.

Patches, with the following caveat:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ta-update.html
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12