1.    #1  
    Is it just me or are others seeing Apple becoming the Microsoft of 20 years ago and today? In the 80s when MS-DOS was the "IN" OS, you could only run, basically, one application at a time, which astounded me because multi-user and multi-tasking operating systems had been around for a considerable time.

I do not remember the year, but there were a couple of products that came out, Software Carousel and MS DOSSHELL (I used Software Carousel), that allowed a MS-DOS user to have more than one application open (not necessarily running). Very similar to the approach Apple has taken with IOS4 (could it be IOS4 is really DOS4).

Also in the 80s, there was a young company, Apple Computer, that was coming out with a very easy to use, friendly and robust OS. Unfortunately, users had already drank the Microsoft cool aid, so it was tough going. The Apple OS was truly a better operating system than DOS (or Windows for that matter) and still is.

WebOS is the New Apple (so to speak). If you truly look at and compare WebOS against IOS4, you will see WebOS as a Mac OS X level OS and the IOS4 is a primitive Microsoft Windows OS (an early Windows 2.0 or 3.0).

Remember there were apple people in the works when WebOS was being developed. It is going to be awesome when HP puts WebOS on a netbook. Likewise it is going to be real interesting when WebOS is running on top of a 1 Gig or faster processor.

Just an observation. For Apple to compete against WebOS, they will need to port the Mac OS X to the iPhone, iTouch & iPad.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    All the Apple ******* will still be drinking the koolaid. Apple has a way of coming out with features that have been available before but repackages them and makes it look like they "invented" it. And all the ******* will drink it up.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    f a n b o y s is a no-no word?
    To put a counter opinion, webOS has a fantastic user interface and is the envy of most non-users that see it.
    In my experience, IOS is a very very robust system that has grown its market share with innovative apps and a very stable system that is user friendly. WebOS on the other hand isn't even stable in the hands of a user who has not modded their system at all. This is ignoring the fact that google and microsoft are putting their economic might behind their OS's, HP and WebOS have an uphill battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by qogima1024 View Post
    All the Apple ******* will still be drinking the koolaid. Apple has a way of coming out with features that have been available before but repackages them and makes it look like they "invented" it. And all the ******* will drink it up.
    Yep, in the "blogosphere" that is known as the the "Jobs RDF" (which stands for "Reality Distortion Field")

Reality distortion field - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    yeah, I wrote an app for a small market, Beer Knurds, all it does is log in to the web page and keep track of what beers you've drank, but I added a DB on the phone to help make sure you got credit for the 3 beers you drink each night at the flying saucer. Anyhow, a good friend of mine has a brother that wants my app on the iphone so bad, he wants to pay me dev costs, etc. to make it on the iphone. BUT, I have an issue becoming part of the machine and feel that mabe I should decline. I just think maybe I don't want to go through the effort because it's Apple and their crap is so locked down I would have to rewrite it from scratch for them and them alone. Porting to android seems so much easier.