Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all, Just a quick update on the new webOS 1.4.5 release. Take care, Jay

UPDATE:Palm to release webOS 1.4.5 for the Pre, Pre Plus and Pixi Plus
    Posted by Arne Hess - at Wednesday, 30.06.10 - 23:20:46

the::unwired - UPDATE: Palm to release webOS 1.4.5 for the Pre, Pre Plus and Pixi Plus [UPDATE]

According to our information, Palm will soon release a webOS update for its GSM Pre, Pre Plus and Pixi Plus. While the Palm Pre and Palm Pre Plus update only feature minor bugfixes, the Palm Pixi Plus update is even more important and interesting. It will allow the use of 3D games and applications on the Palm Pixi Plus (as so far only available for the Palm Pre and Palm Pre Plus). Last but not least, the update will improve the webOS Plug-In Development Kit (PDK) compatibility and performance of the Pre, Pre Plus and Pixi Plus which is a new component of the Palm webOS SDK that lets developers use C and C++ alongside the web technologies that power the SDK.

The webOS 1.4.5 update will be something around 12 MB and will be distributed as an over the air update (OTA). It should be available as a manual update on request or distributed in the upcoming days automatically.

It's yet not known, if the webOS 1.4.5 update will be offered for North American Pre/Pre Plus and Pixi/Pixi Plus but it's most likely.

UPDATE: The webOS 1.4.5 update is expected to be rolled-out tonight (CET)! So better keep your Pre/Pre Plus/Pixi Plus charged to get it anytime tomorrow morning.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    gsm palm pre plus? I thought at&t was going to be delayed...
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    I hope it lands tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if there is a deluge of new PDK based apps.

btw thanks Jay for posting all the press releases.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    uhoh
    I miss the days when the Sprint pre was their flagship phone. Didnt seem to take so long to get updates out then.
    i live in miami florida, guessing this is coming tomorrow also
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by illadelphatic View Post
    I miss the days when the Sprint pre was their flagship phone. Didnt seem to take so long to get updates out then.
    Sprint has been busy. They had to figure out why the latest OTA Update was bricking their new flagship phone. I'm sure they will get to us soon enough, after all WebOS Updates have a very good track record so far.
    I had a Pre but due to a broken power button as well as loose screen swiveling when I had the chance to switch to a Pixi I took it. Love my smaller lighter phone but have ALWAYS missed the games I already bought.. Definitely looking forward to getting my games back :P hope they run well on the Pixi..
    I have just received the 1.4.5 update. It's 9MB in size...downloading now
    downloading also
    Quote Originally Posted by tony222 View Post
    downloading also
    Quote Originally Posted by hacketts View Post
    I have just received the 1.4.5 update. It's 9MB in size...downloading now
    Where are you guys? O2 Germany?
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    where are you guys? European region? Anyone on the east coast getting the update yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Where are you guys? O2 Germany?
    From the other posts, it sounds like O2 Germany is the only one with 1.4.5 so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    From the other posts, it sounds like O2 Germany is the only one with 1.4.5 so far.
    Just want to see if anyone else is getting it yet. What most don't realize is that Palm always releases it staggered (i.e. East Europe, an hour later, west Europe, an hour later, Sprint, a day or two later, Bell, a month later, Verizon , and Telcel... well that is a mystery).
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Australia. Using a German Pre
    @ilovedessert

Perfect timing to post this article lol. So far, it seems completely true.
    Rod Whitby is getting it too!

"@webosinternals: Just got the 1.4.5 update notification on Europa Pre (EU German QWERTZ). Nothing on my Sprint devices yet."
    Time to uninstall F105
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Rod Whitby is getting it too!

"@webosinternals: Just got the 1.4.5 update notification on Europa Pre (EU German QWERTZ). Nothing on my Sprint devices yet."
    Yep, just got it here. Had to pause the download so I could install UberKernel on that device for testing.

I'll be posting updates as @webosinternals on Twitter, and longer articles on whatever official 1.4.5 thread is set up here on PreCentral.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    downloading but slooooooow
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast