Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 116
  1. #61  
    Same on Verizon no update yet... or WORKING GPS!!!! :^((((((
  2. #62  
    VZ is like apple, you pay extra for their GPS service and "magically" it works...

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hz-R View Post
    Wow, I've never seen these forums so quiet just after an update came out... (eventhough it is small). >crickets< Have not many got it yet?
    Where are you? I think I read Germany was getting the update now, but it is not in the US yet.

    Where are you hZ
  4.    #64  
    Hi all,

    For the past few months, many App writers were afraid of writing for webOS, as they were not sure, there would be a Palm. However, now that the buyout officially happened today I think there will be many more people willing to write apps for webOS.

    Especially since HP has made it clear they intend to put webOS on a large variety of different type items.

    Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  5. GigaS27's Avatar
    Posts
    286 Posts
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    #65  
    This is all great news!
    Sprint Palm Pre-
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

    For the past few months, many App writers were afraid of writing for webOS, as they were not sure, there would be a Palm. However, now that the buyout officially happened today I think there will be many more people willing to write apps for webOS.

    Especially since HP has made it clear they intend to put webOS on a large variety of different type items.

    Take care, Jay
    I couldn't agree more.
    Palm is now like supercharged, and now with more money to do things for the users, more and more people will contribute to making unique apps.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    Where are you? I think I read Germany was getting the update now, but it is not in the US yet.

    Where are you hZ
    Yes, I'm in Germany.
    Funny with updates how O2 was 2 weeks behind Sprint last year. For 1.4.1 they were 1 day later, and now earlier then Sprint.
    Strange that it takes so long for other carriers now. The last update came for all carriers within a couple of days.
    Hoping you all get it soon, curious about other user opinions.
  8. #68  
    @Hz-R It is about time Europe got something first. I always feel bad when we have something in the US and everyone else is left behind.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    @Hz-R It is about time Europe got something first. I always feel bad when we have something in the US and everyone else is left behind.
    I just feel bad when a group (or groups) are treated differently than others.

    It is expected that on a rollout that Palm coordinated to release on a single day (I am not sure if that is the case here or with any webOS updates to date) that the people in Europe get it first, then the people in the western hemisphere.

    It is expected because days happen there first (time zone wise).

    It is unfortunate when Palm has problems preventing a global rollout at the same time (like having webOS updates all happening on the same day) or when they have to have limitations (like paid apps for US only until March 31; 50% off sale for US only) due to legal hurdles.

    That is what saddens me.
    Arthur Thornton

    Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  10. #70  
    using germany palm pre. i have updated yesterday. can't wait to see an update for the ‹berkernel. still, the OS runs a bit faster than before even though just running at 500MHz
  11. #71  
    1.4.5....will it have Flash?????
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    im on sprint and i havent gotten it yet
    nor Lebron....
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    1.4.5....will it have Flash?????
    Yes, when it appears in the app catalog.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, when it appears in the app catalog.

    -- Rod
    Hey Rod,

    What are your thought on improvements in 1.4.5?
  15. Bigfire's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    #75  
    Update has NOTHING to do with Flash....support for Flash has been implemented since 1.4....the companies have been tinkering/approving the Flash app for a couple weeks now, but it is unrelated to this new WebOS update, it will become available in the catalogue when HPalm and service providers are finished with small modifications.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

    Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Hey Rod,

    What are your thought on improvements in 1.4.5?
    I don't have it yet on my main phone. Just a couple of the test devices. So I haven't actually used 1.4.5 much. Too busy making things work for everyone else ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I don't have it yet on my main phone. Just a couple of the test devices. So I haven't actually used 1.4.5 much. Too busy making things work for everyone else ...

    -- Rod
    What a trooper! I think I can speak for everyone in saying we all really appreciate the hard work you guys do for the community.
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchris222 View Post
    What a trooper! I think I can speak for everyone in saying we all really appreciate the hard work you guys do for the community.
    ^This!

    Thank you guys for all the hard work and making my Pre Plus one bad mamma-jamma!
  19. #79  
    anybody who is already updated using govnah/uberkernel? did you run into any issues?
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    anybody who is already updated using govnah/uberkernel? did you run into any issues?
    See http://twitter.com/webosinternals/status/17464291538 and all the tweets after that one from @webosinternals. If you're using govnah and uberkernel you're advised to follow @webosinternals, especially around webOS update times.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions