Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I'm also trying to downlod it, but my Update app keep searching updates after I click on 'Download Now' button
    o2 Germany
    Last edited by spiny; 07/01/2010 at 03:55 AM. Reason: ps
    I've had the update installed for a couple of hours now. Haven't found any specific changes, but the phone definitely is a lot faster.
    I haven't updated my patches yet, so that might also be the reason (that they are not active)
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    where can i find the webos 1.4.5 change log??
    just did the manual update, didn't wait for the network one.

no arabic support / no flash / and app catalog is still not working for my country.

will, couldn't say that i expected alot from this update,(other than flah support) i just hoped that minor things like these get addressed after all this time of waiting.

i'm disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    where can i find the webos 1.4.5 change log??
    If you are on O2, you can find the change log on Palm's website. If you are on Sprint, Bell, Vzw, or AT&T it will be officially posted on the Palm website as soon as it is released.

Quote Originally Posted by p25o1 View Post
    ...no arabic support / no flash / and app catalog is still not working for my country...
    It was never intended for Flash to be part of this (or any) release. It has been stated that it will be a separate item listed in the App Catalog once it is officially released.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    If you are on O2, you can find the change log on Palm's website. If you are on Sprint, Bell, Vzw, or AT&T it will be officially posted on the Palm website as soon as it is released.
    Yes im using O2 Palm Pre with another Network Operator, but i need to know what changes made before i update my Pre from 1.4.1 to 1.4.5 .
    i searched palm website and i find nothing~
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    Yes im using O2 Palm Pre with another Network Operator, but i need to know what changes made before i update my Pre from 1.4.1 to 1.4.5 .
    i searched palm website and i find nothing~
    Doesn't look like Palm has updated the 02 section of their webpage to show the change log yet, but it will be posted here:
    Palm Support : Palm Pre and Pre Plus O2 - Software update information and release notes for Palm Pre and Pre Plus for O2

There are only minor changes/tweaks in this update. This is what we know so far:
    Feature changes to existing applications

System

• This release includes minor fixes and enhancements to support the public release of the webOS PDK.

Web

• If a user enters text in a field on certain websites, the screen focus now remains on the text being entered.
    • This release fixes a rare problem so that podcasts now download correctly.

Security

This release addresses several security issues with the Palm webOS software.
    I'm sure there may be more detail (but it really isn't a big update at only ~9Megs) once Palm officially posts the log.
    Well as it is O2 germany that released the update it's found here:

Palm Support : Palm Pre und Pre Plus O2 - Versionsvermerke für das Palm webOS-Software-Update für Pre, Pre Plus O2-Telefone

Which says exact the same:

Versionsinformationen

* Erscheinungsdatum: 30. Juni 2010

Neue Anwendungen

KEINE
    Funktionsänderungen in vorhandenen Anwendungen
    System

* Diese Version enthält kleinere Fehlerkorrekturen und Erweiterungen für die Veröffentlichung des webOS PDK.

Web

* Wenn ein Nutzer auf bestimmten Websites Text in ein Feld eingibt, bleibt der Bildschirmfokus jetzt auf dem eingegebenen Text.
    * Diese Version behebt ein seltenes Problem und ermöglicht nun das korrekte Herunterladen von Podcasts.

Sicherheit

In dieser Version werden mehrere Sicherheitsprobleme der Palm webOS-Software behandelt.

Wir bedanken uns bei Nils von MWR InfoSecurity und Chris Clark für deren Hilfe bei der Identifizierung der in dieser Version behandelten Probleme. Wenn Sie Palm über eventuelle Sicherheitsprobleme informieren möchten, finden Sie entsprechende Informationen unter palm.com/security .
    Any ideas when this will come to Sprint??
    Sandboxing of PDK apps to run as an unpriviledged user inside a configurable chrot jail is the biggest change in this release.

And it's completely invisible to the user.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
    Any ideas when this will come to Sprint??
    no kidding!

just doesn't seem right that all those folks get it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Sandboxing of PDK apps to run as an unpriviledged user inside a configurable chrot jail is the biggest change in this release.
    And it's completely invisible to the user.
    How does this change benefit developers? What can the user expect to see eventually?
    Quote Originally Posted by canderoc View Post
    How does this change benefit developers? What can the user expect to see eventually?
    The user will see nothing. It's a great feature though.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Hopefully, the user will see lots and lots of pdk apps coming. That's a pretty good feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Hopefully, the user will see lots and lots of pdk apps coming.
    I've heard this before, but what exactly are "pdk apps" and how are they different from apps we already have? (please excuse my ignorance)
    Quote Originally Posted by canderoc View Post
    I've heard this before, but what exactly are "pdk apps" and how are they different from apps we already have? (please excuse my ignorance)
    PDK - Overview - Palm Developer Center
    I would like to know when palm will offically start letting PDK apps in the catalog that are not on the selected developers list.
    Any bugfixes? Can you delete PDF files now? (from within the PDF reader)
    Wow, I've never seen these forums so quiet just after an update came out... (eventhough it is small). >crickets< Have not many got it yet?

The changes are supposed to be small, but after using it the whole day, I really have the impression it improved the phone a lot. I can open games without the dreaded TMC error. The phone feels faster and the battery seems to last longer. Anybody else notice this?
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hz-R View Post
    Wow, I've never seen these forums so quiet just after an update came out... (eventhough it is small). >crickets< Have not many got it yet?

The changes are supposed to be small, but after using it the whole day, I really have the impression it improved the phone a lot. I can open games without the dreaded TMC error. The phone feels faster and the battery seems to last longer. Anybody else notice this?
    im on sprint and i havent gotten it yet
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast