Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I love how the messaging app integrates sms, gchat, aim, etc.

but is there any way to choose which ones I want to sign on to without having them all signed in? for example, i only want to be signed on to gchat and not have aim signed on.

and is there any way to view each buddy list separately? it'd be great to have tabs for each that you can switch between
    Open preferences & accounts. You can sign on to individual services this way by clicking on the account and setting it to available.

The only way I can think of to break out your buddy list is to unlink them via the contacts app. This behavior is the one of the main functions of WebOS synergy.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    when i go into preferences and accounts, and i go into each of the account's there's only 2 options - "sign in" or "remove account"

when i go to the "buddies" tab, that's where i see the option where i can chose from available, busy, and sign off. when i choose available from here, it signs on to all my accounts.

when i go into preferences and accounts, go into my gchat account, and choose sign in. then i go hit the available button under "buddies" and it still signs on all my accounts.

what am i not getting here?
    Don't go back and hit the available button, that signs on all your accounts. You should be available in gchat after signing in (half green available icon).