Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Yeah, right. Like this will happen. Amazon doesn't even have a Kindle app for webOS and DataViz abandoned us on DocumentsToGo and Swype told me to hold my breath on it on webOS - I don't think we will be seeing Hulu on webOS anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Hulu+ for the iPhone is $9.99/month. Would you pay that much to use it via webOS?

Hulu - Plus
    Definitely!
    my email :
    Hi,
    I have a love affair with webOS. its no secret and yes my wife knows.

I would be thrilled if you would spice up this love affair...with some Hulu.

Clutch1222
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Hulu+ for the iPhone is $9.99/month. Would you pay that much to use it via webOS?

Hulu - Plus
    Hellz no. But PlayOn just came out with an iPhone app, think I'll send them an email instead.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Yup... I've used PlayOn through my xbox for a year now and it's been great. I hope a few more people post requests on their website for a webOS app... especially now that they have come up with an iphone version that (if compatible) can be ported over for us.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Email sent.

Hello,

Are there any plans to provide some kind of hulu application for webOS on the Palm Pre? It is a brilliant, fluid, elegant mobile OS that is easy to develop for. It also has huge growth potential now that HP has bought Palm and can provide them with better marketing and manufacturing channels. I would pay/subscribe to a service that would allow me to browse and watch hulu on my Pre.

Thanks for your time,
    Carl
    Quote Originally Posted by zak123321 View Post
    Just a note about Hulu and Flash - as far as I know, none of the flash interfaces except for their desktop system use Flash.

They all use dedicated apps, including the Hulu Plus App for iOS which streams through, presumably, the on-board QuickTime derivative
    Exactly. Well said, zak. Hulu's videos are all encoded in H.264, just like YouTube videos- Hulu is just using Flash as the player- the wrapper for the video- to show the videos. The iOS versions use the iOS QuickTime framework (which is used to show all videos in iOS, just like how we use gstreamer for all videos in webOS) to play Hulu's H.264 videos. Flash is not important- any player can play H.264 videos. The sooner Flash dies and HTML5 (well, the HTML5 <video> tag really) replaces Flash, the better it is for everyone.
    What ever happened to a phone being a phone and laptop being a laptop?
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    This would go another cool feature we need to compete. Ive used a slingbox for almost 4 years now and i'm dying to get some tv back on my pre.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    CHECK THIS EMAIL I GOT FROM PLAYON......

Hi Johnny,

We may look at WebOS in the future after the iPhone and Android apps.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for contacting PlayOn Support.

Regards,

Chris
    PlayOn Support
    www.playon.tv

EMAIL THEM. THIS IS YOUR ONE STOP SHOP FOR ALL YOUR STREAMING MEDIA NEEDS.
    Quote Originally Posted by JMack817 View Post
    CHECK THIS EMAIL I GOT FROM PLAYON......

Hi Johnny,

We may look at WebOS in the future after the iPhone and Android apps.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for contacting PlayOn Support.

Regards,

Chris
    PlayOn Support
    | PlayOn | Watch Hulu, CBS.com, MLB.tv, Netflix, and more on your TV with PlayOn!

EMAIL THEM. THIS IS YOUR ONE STOP SHOP FOR ALL YOUR STREAMING MEDIA NEEDS.

Nice! I was not familiar with PlayOn....what is it exactly? Just an aggregator? Doesn't that violate terms of Hulu, etc? I mean, if it has staying power, that's awesome. But if not...I would be worried that we'd get a cool app and then it'd just be yanked after a little while. I'd much rather have an official Hulu app, unless I'm misunderstanding the ability of PlayOn to provide Hulu content.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-fan View Post
    Nice! I was not familiar with PlayOn....what is it exactly? Just an aggregator? Doesn't that violate terms of Hulu, etc? I mean, if it has staying power, that's awesome. But if not...I would be worried that we'd get a cool app and then it'd just be yanked after a little while. I'd much rather have an official Hulu app, unless I'm misunderstanding the ability of PlayOn to provide Hulu content.
    not only does it do hulu, it also streams many other digital media outlets like cnn, netflix, your media stored on your computer, ect. works way better than media player. darn windows.. piece of crap. yea for linux and webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    I was going to write one until orb told me I have to pay them for a commercial api license in order to sell an orb app for webos. I was going to make it like 0.50 cents just to recoup some development time cost, but they did not care :-(
    That's really a shame. I'd personally like to see an Orb app on WebOS too. I'm surprised and disappointed that Orb wasn't more flexible with you considering that they haven't taken the initiative to write a WebOS app yet themselves. (Or a Roku channel, or a plugin for WDTV Live, etc.) Btw, would it be possible to write an app without using their API using the same calls that the web interface makes instead, and giving it a prettier face?

For those who don't know, Orb is a streaming media server program like PlayOn or Tversity, except that it's free. Plus, if you have a tv tuner card it supports on-the-fly transcoding of live TV into streaming video for almost any web enabled device (including the Pre). So for example you can basically tune into your full FIOS, Cable, or Satellite TV channels, live over your phone or any PC, for free. It is already possible to use on the Pre, but the mobile web interface is very cumbersome and crappy quality (imagine a REALLY crappy version of the Sprint TV interface if it were made in 1996, or the way WAP sites look for non-smartphones).
    Last edited by sq5; 07/27/2010 at 05:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmac1921 View Post
    Pandora isn't available in Canada?
    Nope.

Dear Pandora Visitor,

We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by JMack817 View Post
    not only does it do hulu, it also streams many other digital media outlets like cnn, netflix, your media stored on your computer, ect. works way better than media player. darn windows.. piece of crap. yea for linux and webos.
    Interesting. So does it violate the Netflix or Hulu TOS?
    Email sent.
    We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Sent them an e-mail asking about Hulu support for webOS since it's on iOS

EMAIL support@hulu.com FOR MORE USER DEMAND!
    I got almost an identical reply.
    bump

could impostah help with this? what does hulu check for when it's determining if your device is compatible?
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123