Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Even though it'd be cool to have Hulu, it would be a major battery hog.
    Eh...watch on touchstone?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOhara View Post
    I guess it is just me, call me old fashion, but I like watching TV on TV.

Especially on a big old 50" HD Screen.
    Give it 8 months and those will be on phones
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Eh...watch on touchstone?
    The phone would be on fire, like literally. Lol.

Besides that would ruin the whole portable thing.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    The phone would be on fire, like literally. Lol.

Besides that would ruin the whole portable thing.
    Not really? I run Sprint TV and it's fine. YouTube as well.

You can still take it with you.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Email sent... with a gentle reminder about HP's declaration today about the imminent future of webOS mobile devices, slates, etc...

Blo
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOhara View Post
    I guess it is just me, call me old fashion, but I like watching TV on TV.

Especially on a big old 50" HD Screen.
    Yes, TV is very old fashion indeed. It's been in widespread use since the early 50's... so that's 60 years. Quite an old fashion thing. And 50" screens and obviously HDTV are also clearly even more old fashion!

Don't interpret this as as mean sarcasm btw- I'm just poking a little fun. No offense meant
    Never cared much for TV on my phone,
    but pørn now that's worth killing the battery for.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    email sent.
    email sent.
    Just sent my email. Would love to see Hulu and Netflix on WebOS!
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    e-mail sent.

more more!
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-fan View Post
    Just sent my email. Would love to see Hulu and Netflix on WebOS!
    Netflix would be pretty bomb.
    I'd rather have a native Orb app.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I'd rather have a native Orb app.
    I was going to write one until orb told me I have to pay them for a commercial api license in order to sell an orb app for webos. I was going to make it like 0.50 cents just to recoup some development time cost, but they did not care :-(
  15.    #35  
    Orb looks too complicated
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Hulu+ for the iPhone is $9.99/month. Would you pay that much to use it via webOS?

Hulu - Plus
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Hulu+ for the iPhone is $9.99/month. Would you pay that much to use it via webOS?

Hulu - Plus
    For network only TV? Hell no.

If they had cable stations on board I *might* try it.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post

Hulu - Plus
    No, I probably wouldn't use it, but it's great for saying "Yeah dude I have Hulu available for my phone"
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles From Nowhere View Post
    If they ever decide to stream to Canada, I might consider sending an email. It's in my draft folder right under the one to Pandora.
    Pandora isn't available in Canada?
    Samsung A900> HTC Touch (Vogue)> Palm Pre> HTC Hero> Palm Pre> Palm Pre> Palm Pre> HTC Evo 4G White
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Just a note about Hulu and Flash - as far as I know, none of the flash interfaces except for their desktop system use Flash.

They all use dedicated apps, including the Hulu Plus App for iOS which streams through, presumably, the on-board QuickTime derivative
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast