Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    The Palm Pre, now with its base hardware old in terms of competitors, has found new life with all the new performance patches and kernels available; I think we should push the envelope and get some animated wallpapers.

I am no developer, sadly, so we will likely need to find one, and bribe it with BBQ.

<<Mod Edit>>
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2590843
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/06/2010 at 07:14 PM.
    could someone tell me why I can't get a animated pic with motion whene I get a text? What is the palm pre missing? People with cheep phones get them n pre just gets a still image whitch sucks.. I know how to setthem in the background in messaging n contacts thanks to internals mad props to the developer..help what's missing
    It's just the way webOS was designed. You have to remember this OS is just over a year old (an infant) and a lot of these 'tweaks' were put on the back burner until the OS grows up a little. It's better to not have that stuff and have an OS devs concentrate on stability and synergy. You don't start hanging up pictures and drapes until a strong foundation is built. With HP now involved and with the announcement of 2.0 being worked on... I would imagine all of these little 'extras' will be addressed with the next OS versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by steven21 View Post
    could someone tell me why I can't get a animated pic with motion whene I get a text? What is the palm pre missing? People with cheep phones get them n pre just gets a still image whitch sucks.. I know how to setthem in the background in messaging n contacts thanks to internals mad props to the developer..help what's missing
    That is already available steven21

I recommend you go check out the testing animated backgrounds patch thread in WebOS Patches forum. You will find what you are looking for there. Patches include the ability to add an animated background to your top bar, contacts, e-mail, messaging, phone, service info, music, music remix, personal left side mesaging avatar and your launcher background. The man behind this is Warlord9159. There you will also find links to many gif files. Be sure to read through the thread as thoroughly as possible. He is even making an animated backgrounds theme

Be sure to tell em RolLEmUp sent you
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Thanks Rollemup... Since he was asking about animated notifications specifically, I didn't mention the other animated items. Op... the items Rollemup mentioned are very cool too... but the actual animated notification image you are inquiring about is currently not offered. Perhaps the guys will check and see if this is possible next, but right now there isn't anything available.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Thanks Rollemup... Since he was asking about animated notifications specifically, I didn't mention the other animated items. Op... the items Rollemup mentioned are very cool too... but the actual animated notification image you are inquiring about is currently not offered. Perhaps the guys will check and see if this is possible next, but right now there isn't anything available.
    Animated dashboard notifications for messaging, missed call, voice mail, email, have been created and tested.
    Video

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2590843

APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя