1.    #1  
    I just bought my palm pre plus from at&t today & i'm attempting to install Preware to get a keyboard app. So i got to the part where you plug the phone in &say just charge, then i found the preware, downloaded it, & i clicked install. But it always says "connection refused" "error:no device found" when my phone is clearly plugged into my computer. How can i fix this?

Thank you. (:

oh and is it supposed to take a long time for it to connect?
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heystace View Post
    I just bought my palm pre plus from at&t today & i'm attempting to install Preware to get a keyboard app. So i got to the part where you plug the phone in &say just charge, then i found the preware, downloaded it, & i clicked install. But it always says "connection refused" "error:no device found" when my phone is clearly plugged into my computer. How can i fix this?

Thank you. (:

oh and is it supposed to take a long time for it to connect?
    It sounds like you missed a step. You need to put the phone in developer mode. Enter webOS20090606 via the keyboard, select the developer mode icon that pops up, and then select the switch to turn on developer mode. Your phone will then reboot, and you'll be in developer mode, and you should be all set.
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    It sounds like you missed a step. You need to put the phone in developer mode. Enter webOS20090606 via the keyboard, select the developer mode icon that pops up, and then select the switch to turn on developer mode. Your phone will then reboot, and you'll be in developer mode, and you should be all set.
    Let me add to that... If by chance it still give that error then check to see if novacomb is install.
    I'm having the same problem... it's in dev mode and i have novacom running. at first it said connection refused. then i made sure i pressed just charge a second time then it just says no device detected. plz help
    thank you so much
    try different USB ports...the USB ports on the front of most low end PC's are complete garbage.

Try the ones at the back.

Also first try connecting it as USB drive and see if your computer discovers it.

If it doesnt, you got a USB issue.