1.    #1  
    I have tried searching for this but searching is only yielding blank pages for me today, no matter what the search terms are.

I know you can put a shortcut to web pages, to contacts, etc. in the Launcher, but is it possible to put a contact's phone number only as a shortcut? I'd like to have a page in my launcher with only icons of my most called numbers and have it go straight to the phone app and dial them.

Is that possible? I looked for a way, and if there is, I missed it.

TIA.

Sean
    Don't know if that's possible, but I use an app called Photo Dialer - brings up a screen with pictures of my most frequently called contacts, you tap on the picture and it calls them.

Would be one extra tap from what you are looking for.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    I have tried searching for this but searching is only yielding blank pages for me today, no matter what the search terms are.

I know you can put a shortcut to web pages, to contacts, etc. in the Launcher, but is it possible to put a contact's phone number only as a shortcut? I'd like to have a page in my launcher with only icons of my most called numbers and have it go straight to the phone app and dial them.

Is that possible? I looked for a way, and if there is, I missed it.

TIA.

Sean
    Apps like Quick Contacts or Communicate can make this easier, but they require a separate App. for launcher shortcuts, you can try Launchpoints (paid app) or dg Quick Cuts (homebrew)... Launchpoints will pull in a contact picture, where dg Quick Cuts will just put a phone icon!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    also don't forget you can assign every key on the keyboard as a speed dial, so you have over 20 speed dial numbers at your finger tips.....i use first letter of name to denote which key to assign
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    also don't forget you can assign every key on the keyboard as a speed dial, so you have over 20 speed dial numbers at your finger tips.....i use first letter of name to denote which key to assign
    Very true... for details on how to do that: http://www.precentral.net/set-speed-dial
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  6.    #6  
    Yep. Got the speed dial keys going. Was just looking for another way to quickly dial someone. Thanks for the info guys!