Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Found this on the Palm site.
    Had a robot change detection thing and it just sent me and email saying the site was changed.
    But the release date for 1.4.5 says June 24th??
    Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Software update information and release notes for Palm Pre for Sprint
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Well it's not june 24th since we don't got it yet.

Pointless thread
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Or June 24th is when they released it to the carriers. Not really a "pointless" thread, but your post was just a little on the pointless side.
  5.    #5  
    Why would they post the release date to the carriers on a public site??
    On a Update support page.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Just got my change detection log email too... I guess this means the update is around the corner. Should be starting to see people get it this week I would bet.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Just got my change detection log email too... I guess this means the update is around the corner. Should be starting to see people get it this week I would bet.
    And what are we getting...not much. Sad...
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    I'm looking forward to new PDK apps. This is also a huge update for Pixi owners.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Hmmm... the 1.4.5 info seems to have been pulled back off the site again. haha

Maybe the release is less imminent than we thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Hmmm... the 1.4.5 info seems to have been pulled back off the site again. haha

Maybe the release is less imminent than we thought.
    As soon as i saw this thread, I checked the link. I didn't see anything about 1.4.5.
    I was expecting more stuff to be fixed e.g. battery life, improved functionality

1) Palm is a little involved in something with HP. I'd expect MAJOR updates only after that little business is completed

2) I am happy to get any incremental enhancements and improvements. I am glad they don't say "we could give them a few improvements...but, let's just wait until we have something big."

3) Some people would complain if we hung them with a new rope!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    I was expecting more stuff to be fixed e.g. battery life, improved functionality
    We've known for a long time that 1.4.5 wouldn't be a major update. The next big update is going to be 1.5.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Why would they post the release date to the carriers on a public site??
    On a Update support page.
    It takes the pressure off palm. Now everyone who was hounding Palm for the Miracle Update can hound the carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024
    You were expecting more from a x.x.2 to x.x.5 update? It's called a minor update, which is why the 3rd number changed, and not by very much.

I'm tired of the people expecting each update to be the cure all to what ever problem they have. They're working on a massive update for this fall covering most of the features people are wanting. Let them work on that and release security updates for now.

Software versioning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    1) Palm is a little involved in something with HP. I'd expect MAJOR updates only after that little business is completed

2) I am happy to get any incremental enhancements and improvements. I am glad they don't say "we could give them a few improvements...but, let's just wait until we have something big."

3) Some people would complain if we hung them with a new rope!
    I don't complain much but I don't use my phone for games, do you? As someone stated before, a year we've waited and for what, so we can play 3D games? Booooo....
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    It takes the pressure off palm. Now everyone who was hounding Palm for the Miracle Update can hound the carriers.

You were expecting more from a x.x.2 to x.x.5 update? It's called a minor update, which is why the 3rd number changed, and not by very much.

I'm tired of the people expecting each update to be the cure all to what ever problem they have. They're working on a massive update for this fall covering most of the features people are wanting. Let them work on that and release security updates for now.

Software versioning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have fun playing your 3D games at work with the your minor update...
    I don't complain much but I don't use my phone for games, do you? As someone stated before, a year we've waited and for what, so we can play 3D games? Booooo....
    PDK apps does not mean "games only".
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    We've known for a long time that 1.4.5 wouldn't be a major update. The next big update is going to be 1.5.
    Why bother, why not just 1.5? It's like dangling a carrot in front of a horse, just to keep us interested. Well, it's getting old fast.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    PDK apps does not mean "games only".
    Well that's what everyone talks about here.
    Palm could release an update that makes all WebOS phones into a state of the art cappuccino machine with all the bells and whistles and we'd still have people saying "but can it make tea?"

hahaha
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast