Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. #41  
    Doesn't the PDK allow applications to be developed in C and C++? Or am I completely lost. Couldn't someone develop a application for the palm pre that was somthing other then a game using this language?
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Doesn't the PDK allow applications to be developed in C and C++? Or am I completely lost. Couldn't someone develop a application for the palm pre that was somthing other then a game using this language?
    yes, it allows c and c++ and yes is allows to develpp everything, including - but not limited to - games.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    Right, because the PDK is only used for 3D games.

    Is this the new troll?
    No an unhappy customer of palm. It's suppose to be a smart phone. It doesn't have half the features my old Motorola V9 had. I've been patient with palm because I do like this phone and WebOS and I keep hearing promises that the features are coming. When? How long do we have to wait?

    I understand Palm had gone through some tough times and they are in a buy out now, but come on. They can't cut and paste the patchs and services that the online community has developed into their code? Damn, just grab a pre and install preware then patch it. Take that an make it an update.

    So stop implying people who have a dissenting view or are not completely satisfied with the product a troll.
  4. #44  
    ...take it outside boys.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  5. #45  
    1.4.5 = new PDK >= games

    new PDK = any c++ dev can port to webOS.

    EDIT: I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but is it possible part of the update delay is due to testing it with Adobe Flash which Palm received last week?
    Last edited by sinime; 06/29/2010 at 09:34 AM.
  6. #46  
    Sinime - I had to wonder the same thing. Hopefully we get Flash soon.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    1.4.5 = new PDK >= games

    new PDK = any c++ dev can port to webOS.

    EDIT: I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but is it possible part of the update delay is due to testing it with Adobe Flash which Palm received last week?
    Certainly would revive palm a little bit in my mind. All the lack of news is kinda depressing. July will be a interesting month. And I don't plan on getting a new phone anytime soon. Driod is nice, but I don't see myself using it (especially after the pain in the *** time it was to get exchange working on it for a client heh). As I used the driod, I felt it lacking in alot of areas where webos would pick up on. So im here to stay.

    So Flash with 1.4.5 would make 1.4.5 a nice milestone, rather then waiting a whole 3-6months for a new update again. But its definatly a breath of fresh air when news is steady.

    Heres my 2 cents, the update was delayed becuase palm wants to get back in the notion of having all webos devices with the same version. Palm was big on the no-fragmentation issue back when.

    Honestly, I predict a July 1st update due to the nature of the PDK contest starting.
    Last edited by Klownicle; 06/29/2010 at 12:44 PM.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Heres my 2 cents, the update was delayed becuase palm wants to get back in the notion of having all webos devices with the same version. Palm was big on the no-fragmentation issue back when.
    Now that you mention it, yes, that sounds more like it... If the "new" PDK apps are released and only Sprint supports it, could be an issue. Much better to have all carriers on it before releasing the "new" PDK apps.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions