Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo1024 View Post
    Why bother, why not just 1.5? It's like dangling a carrot in front of a horse, just to keep us interested. Well, it's getting old fast.....
    Since the HP deal is going through sooner than expected, we might see the 1.5 features arrive ahead of schedule...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    As soon as i saw this thread, I checked the link. I didn't see anything about 1.4.5.
    i still c it
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I don't complain much but I don't use my phone for games, do you? As someone stated before, a year we've waited and for what, so we can play 3D games? Booooo....
    I have never once played a single game on my phone. I've never even 'clicked' the icons that come with the phones (Have had blackberries for years)

Again. I'll not see a lot from this update, I'm sure. However, I do not find it "sad". It just "is". My phone does what I expected it to do, does it efficiently, does it in a way that I find simple and pleasant.

I'll gladly take anything else they wish to send me. But, I did not buy it with the expectations that it would do what I needed in the FUTURE!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i still c it
    Now it says "This portlet is unavailable".
    Nevermind, it's back.

webOS 1.4.5

Version information New applications Feature changes to existing applications
    Version information

Version: webOS 1.4.5
    Release date: 24 June 2010
    New applications

NONE

Feature changes to existing applications

System
    This release includes minor fixes and enhancements to support the public release of the webOS PDK.
    Web
    If a user enters text in a field on certain websites, the screen focus now remains on the text being entered.
    This release fixes a rare problem so that podcasts now download correctly.
    Security

This release addresses several security issues with the Palm webOS software.

We’d like to thank Nils of MWR InfoSecurity and Chris Clark for their help in identifying the issues addressed in this release. Individuals interested in contacting Palm to report suspected security issues can find more information at palm.com/security .
    If a user enters text in a field on certain websites, the screen focus now remains on the text being entered.
    This sounds like a very nice feature. I've been waiting for it for a long time lol
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Again. I'll not see a lot from this update, I'm sure. However, I do not find it "sad". It just "is". My phone does what I expected it to do, does it efficiently, does it in a way that I find simple and pleasant.
    Well said. I think the majority of webOS users out there will be in the same boat.

Those who are moving on to the EVO or iPhone because the firmware update isn't amazing enough for them or because Palm hasn't leaked info on future handsets are such a small part of the overall webOS user pool. These folks would have found a reason to move on no matter how amazing webOS is/was.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I think we will start seeing a lot of PDK apps start hitting the catalog in the near future. With the release of the public PDK and the PDK Hot Apps contest (with $1 million in prizes), developers should be attracted to WebOS.

Did anyone else notice that Palm is offering $425k worth of HP store credit as prizes?
    Speaking for my self i was expecting more becoz of volley of androids plus now iphone4 and BlackBerry (palm pre lookalike) phones are in the market or coming soon.....this is making our existing year old phones stale and frankly obsolete....I guess my expectation were bit high
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I don't complain much but I don't use my phone for games, do you? As someone stated before, a year we've waited and for what, so we can play 3D games? Booooo....
    Have fun playing your 3D games at work with the your minor update...
    Right, because the PDK is only used for 3D games.

Is this the new troll?
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Maybe this thread is not pointless with the features that's coming out.

But I agree I don't want everything thats PDK to be games. I want some useful apps. I know it's easier to port iPhone games than it is to port apps because of the different widgets.. But that's all we seeing is PDK games.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I don't think there will be an update with a tremendous amount of fixes until they release the new 2.0 update that was talked about. I'm ok waiting patiently until then -because I strongly believe the webOS 2.0 version will also accompany some new hardware!

Palm takes a lot of heat, but they are NOT stupid. Let them get the HP merger taken care of first, then we'll see the news REALLY heat up. Palm knows that you can't live off a first-release forever and that they MUST release newer hardware to stay competitive.

I am happy with the homebrew community and the improvements they allow me with my Pre. I'm also content & satisfied with the strides Palm has made to improving webOS -and even the Pre/Pixi with the + versions. I am excited to see what this next year brings the webOS/Palm/HP fans!
    This sounds like a very nice feature. I've been waiting for it for a long time lol
    ive been waiting for this for a long time too, especially when replying on these forums through my phone, really annoying typing then having to move the screen to see what I typed
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    ive been waiting for this for a long time too, especially when replying on these forums through my phone, really annoying typing then having to move the screen to see what I typed
    I find it easier to post here using the mobile forums. With this new feature, I may consider using the full site though.
    I find it easier to post here using the mobile forums. With this new feature, I may consider using the full site though.
    i dont like using the mobile site but thats just me, anyways a huge upgrade if it works as intended to
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Yup! I remember this was one of the first threads I made when I joined the community asking if this was possible. Very happy it's come to fruition
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I think palm / hp need to focus on WebOS 2.0 and their hardware line; A new pre, a keyboardless pre, and a tablet. Kill the pixi. keep one screensize for phones.

I can't wait to hand over $500 for a tablet that runs webOS (must have flash... gps and camera are a good touch)
    PDK apps does not mean "games only".
    But most iPhone apps require API's that WebOS doesn't support and also the idea of hybrid apps are out of the question.

Games are easy to port in comparison to utility/functional apps.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    But most iPhone apps require API's that WebOS doesn't support and also the idea of hybrid apps are out of the question.

Games are easy to port in comparison to utility/functional apps.
    That's true. We will probably see a flood of ported games. We will hopefully see other types of PDK apps as well. I think the PDK Hot Apps contest is good incentive...
    hm...I don't see webOS 1.4.5 released in june, I think it's july 1st.

reason: updating through june 30 would harm the final rally on the hot apps contest, which can be very important for devs who distributed their apps not so long ago...some hours can make a difference.

But if everyone is updating, no one will download apps. So that's my guess...

Other than that, I think the following update will be webOS 2.0 in october 2010, new hardware to come in January 2011/CES.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast