Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I read a majority of the rumors on the forums, and the general consensus seems to be that 1.4.5 will be released this week, either sunday or monday, because of the upcoming pdk hot apps program beginning july 1.

I have uberkernal with govnah v 0.3.0. I assume they are Aupt compatible, but will likely wait 24-48 hours after the update is released to assess if they need to be removed before the update.

any one with more info about the timing of the 1.4.5 update? We last heard att would be late but heard nothing about vzw, which is always late.

it's the end of june. Hope there are some improvements with the new update. Specifically for us vzw users, nfl app, fixed gps, virtual kb, and usual speed/battery improvements...
    Hmm probably. We never know though! It's the carriers that have to release it
    curious myself. The pdk hot apps contests starts thursday and we have no update? Wnder if we will have a flood of apps. Would also be a good updae to include thenew app catalog since that seems to be what this update is all about)
    Maybe the update and the new pdk apps will hit on the 30th. Just in time for the July 1st contest to begin. I figured they want to be as fair as possible and not let a new PDK app have more exposure than another app. Just my 2cents...lol.
    Actually, that's a good point...time is pressing, but then I've done software development and worked on projects to the very last minute (11:59pm). Heck, projects run late...sometime they just have too.

Either way, I'm excited and looking forward to big changes like native PDK internals and hopefully memory management that isolates processes that go rogue on system.

Almost forgot, how bout javascript updates referenced earlier in the year to speed system performance and how bout Flash...duh!

Sorli...
    yeah Sorli you've got some points there. If this update will address either some or all of what's coming...me personally wouldn't mind waiting a little longer for them to get it right. But mt original point is still when I think the update will hit...June 30th @ 11:57pm...lol.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I'm just not that excited about this coming update as I was for 1.4
    @olidie...yup same here...the phone features became complete with 1.4
    the update will come when it comes, why not just wait?
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Would they even release an update on a Sunday?
    a little love for the Pixi with 1.4.5 will be nice though. I doubt a Sunday release due to staffing servers. But then again, they usually occur at midnight(?) so you have the same staffing concerns then. I would think a release a couple days before the contest starts is likely so people have a chance to get the download completed.

maybe we'll be surprised with the improvements the new update brings, but I would expect a good number of them will roll out with 2.0. Gotta make a big splash with that update and new hardware!
    Quote Originally Posted by abhinandanjain View Post
    @olidie...yup same here...the phone features became complete with 1.4
    i think 1.4 made the phone near feature complete, but i wouldnt say theyre quite there. Alot of the things we get as patches should be included in the OS.

i agree, this update isnt as interesting on the surface, but i cant wait to see the pdk apps it brings. hopefully, the update will remove the TMC errors some users get when trying launch pdk apps.
    I only see 1.4.5 bringing more advanced apps. I don't see a flood of apps coming. I don't see 1.4.5 being anything other then allowing PDK developement. Theres nothing that is said otherwise to come with this update. So im ehh. I think the highlight would be if Palm releases the Flash Plugin with it. Since now were waiting on Palm/Carriers for flash.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boyer61 View Post
    Would they even release an update on a Sunday?
    Yeah, that.. When webOS was just released the team was working overtime to get updates out and 'win'. But I think that's over since they 'lost' (after the Verizon disaster) and the H-Palm announcement later..
    well, its 28 now and still nothing
    I think the update will be in 1st of july
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    the update will come when it comes, why not just wait?
    Is there another choice?
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Almost forgot, how bout javascript updates referenced earlier in the year to speed system performance and how bout Flash...duh!

Sorli...
    Thats slated for 1.5 which is planned in the fall.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    I have uberkernal with govnah v 0.3.0. I assume they are Aupt compatible, but will likely wait 24-48 hours after the update is released to assess if they need to be removed before the update.
    I'm pretty sure I read in the original kernel threads that all kernels must be removed and reverted to stock, no ifs or buts.

Though you can probably get away with keeping Govnah on.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    govnah+ uber are safe to keep on I read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Is there another choice?
    The could keep crying, throw a hissy fit threaten to move to a different phone if they do not release it 5 days ago. People are far to impatient, it will come when it comes you can not do a damn thing but wait or get a new phone. Either way I do not think we need a couple million threads about how they are becoming impatient about something they have no control over.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast