1.    #1  
    I know the media tends to either hate or discard WebOS, but... ...when you write an article where the subject matter is an area where WebOS is the clear dominator, and not even mention it!!! http://www.pcworld.com/article/199891/geek_101_multitasking_and_your_smartphone.html
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    pcworld has gone down the crapper.
    So why haven't you posted a comment correcting their error ?
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Do not pay attention to PC World...they are Palm haters. Not to mention they are "nobody's" in the tech world and have lost all sorts of credibility long ago.
    Until Palm drops new hardware or does something else to gain market/mindshare, they won't be mentioned.

here's to hoping it happens soon.

nnb
    I was watching G4 AOTS the other day and they were reviewing the Iphone 4. They actually said that they wished that the Iphone would have copied WebOs on the multitasking and to date they have not found a phone that works as well as the pre. I was impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by hallucinator View Post
    I was watching G4 AOTS the other day and they were reviewing the Iphone 4. They actually said that they wished that the Iphone would have copied WebOs on the multitasking and to date they have not found a phone that works as well as the pre. I was impressed.
    I would consider AOTS's cast non-Apple-fan-boys. Unlike many people that work for a television show.
    Yupper...played around with an ipad and amazed by the crowd willing to drop 450 bones on something that is just an oversized Itouch.

Mindshare it is and great advertising and I'm also hopeful that July 1st arrive sooner then later an HP can finally help Palm show what is possible in new technology.

the scary part of the Ipad was all the demo stuff they had installed and no IOS 4.0. Hopefully people realize their iPad doesn't come with all that stuff for free. Sorli...
    AOTS have always been fans of the Palm Pre, I have not heard them say really anything negative about it.
    nick mediati <nick_mediati@pcworld.com>
    06/28/2010 10:09 am
    to pcwletters <letters@pcworld.com>
    cc
    subject re: Letter to the editors

hi there,
    thanks for writing. Judging by the number of comments i've seen asking about webos, it's clear that we didn't adequately set expectations for the story. The story wasn't intended to be an all-encompassing comparison of multitasking on smartphones, but to be an overview of how android and ios compare; this has been a topic of much debate lately, so we wanted to clear the air.

I've changed the headline to make it more reflective of the story's intent:

Geek 101: Android and iOS Multitasking Compared - PCWorld

thanks,
    nick
    worddddd.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.