Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have noticed on the very bottom of the screen a light will show up when some apps are launched. I have successfully recreated this and I hope you guys can too. Open the Launcher, and open any of the very top apps, that should trigger the light at the bottom. It gets a bit more interesting, on a page that scrolls, go down a few rows, I noticed it appears if you click any app that is closest to the top of the screen.

Can anyone get this to repeat? I'll take a screentshot if I'm the only one. Any ideas why it happens? No it doesn't bother me, I'm just curious.
    you are right. must be a bug in the display driver. or a feature.
    there should be a couple of lights at the bottom of the screen lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    I have noticed on the very bottom of the screen a light will show up when some apps are launched. I have successfully recreated this and I hope you guys can too. Open the Launcher, and open any of the very top apps, that should trigger the light at the bottom. It gets a bit more interesting, on a page that scrolls, go down a few rows, I noticed it appears if you click any app that is closest to the top of the screen.

Can anyone get this to repeat? I'll take a screentshot if I'm the only one. Any ideas why it happens? No it doesn't bother me, I'm just curious.
    The light in the gesture area?

That's supposed to be there.
    well I have three in my gesture area . I'm on sprint
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I have a very faint line (1/4 inch) at the bottom, have to look close to see it.
    Well having my Pixi Plus for a little over a month now, I've had this thin strip of light in my gesture area. It blinks when I have notifications and lights up when I swipe left or right.

It also pulsates a bit when I'm copying or pasting text.

I assume it's normal.
    I think this is a remnant of the "glow" effect when you click on an app icon.

When you click on an icon in the launcher, it glows. Then the launcher "slides" down off screen as the app launches.

If the icon you chose happens to be in the top row of the launcher, the top edge of the "glow" effect is still visible for a couple seconds sometimes at the bottom of the screen.

I always just attributed it to using one of the 4X4 patches, as some of them reduce the padding between the top of the screen and the top row on icons. I could be way off on this as I haven't done any testing whatsoever to back it up. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    this is normal
    aka gesture area
    what are you guys talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    this is normal
    aka gesture area
    what are you guys talking about?
    Not the gesture area, we're talking about on the screen itself... I'll see if I can manage a screen grab.

EDIT: Here we go...

Last edited by Spader; 06/25/2010 at 08:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    That's the starburst "looping" around to the bottom of the screen (like in asteroids) cool! LOL!
  12.    #12  
    I see we have some smart-***** here

Here is a screenshot of what I am speaking of, look in the bottom right hand corner. Another example, towards the left this time. The light appears on the same row the icon is on, only on the bottom of the screen.

Last edited by squeezy; 06/25/2010 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Added another picture
    Hmm...

I have no recollection of that ever happening to me...
  14.    #14  
    So you don't remember it happening, but is it? If not all users are experiencing this I think we should narrow it down and see if there could be potential problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    So you don't remember it happening, but is it? If not all users are experiencing this I think we should narrow it down and see if there could be potential problems.
    Do you have a 4X4 or 5X4 patch installed?

As I said, that's what I think might cause it, by reducing the padding of the top row of icons from the top of the launcher. So when the launcher "slides" down below the screen the top of the "glow" is still visible when it normally wouldn't be.
  16.    #16  
    Currently I have to 5x5, I have noticed in 4x4 as well. I will remove the patch and see if it continues, thank for you input!
  17. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Yup I've got the same thing. With the 4x4 patch. Its location at the bottom edge corresponds with the location of whatever top-row icon I've tapped.
  18.    #18  
    You are correct, in a sense, the patches most certainly amplify the light. After removing the patch, I tried again, this time it is much less noticeable. The first screenshot if from an app on the right side of the launcher, if you look close in the right hand corner you will see a very small light. The next screenshot is from an app in the center, look directly under the shutter button.

You have to look VERY closely to see this, imo they are much easier to see on the phone itself.

Yeah... I don't think the patches amplify the light so much as raise it a few pixels.

I like my 4X4 too much to take it away on account of this though. haha
  20.    #20  
    I never said we should remove our patches because of this. I was simply curious as to why it appeared.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast