1.    #1  
    Wonder if anyone else is having this?

I was having this extended conversation via Gmail in the E-Mail app with my friend on a BlackBerry, I noticed once I got to the later emails, it makes my Pre slower and slower. On my last one, the moment I tap Reply or Reply All, my Pre just freezes. It'll show it's trying to launch a new card for me to type my reply, but it just freezes at the Mail icon, and only way out is a battery pull. This happened on the 10th level of the email chain.

It's heck frustrating, as I was trying to reply to that email, then my friend gave up and called me. Wondering if it's the quote getting too long and locking up the device? It happens even right after I did the battery pull.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Happens to me periodically with multiple reply type emails. I am not certain it is a gmail issue but that is where I see it as well.

I will periodically either start a new email or do a "select all" and delete the downstream content to prevent this from happening.

I don't really know what the problem is but it is definitely a pre issue. Could be the size of the email and available memory - who knows.
    Dan
    Happened to me, I never really emailed before, but I was in a convo. Had to restart my phone, kinda embarrassing.

Running F104 Kernel.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Happens to me periodically with multiple reply type emails. I am not certain it is a gmail issue but that is where I see it as well.

I will periodically either start a new email or do a "select all" and delete the downstream content to prevent this from happening.

I don't really know what the problem is but it is definitely a pre issue. Could be the size of the email and available memory - who knows.
    Is your phone patched/overclocked in any way?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

maybe you should check all your folders and get rid of some stuff you know delete it. like the trash folder. the first time you deletetrash just gors to a different folder but then need to be emptied out. if you have an over abundance of mail it will severely slow down and stall you email app. this may or may not help idk for sure.
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #6  
    No go. Tried emptying trash, archiving old mails, still the same thing when I try to reply to that e-mail.

And I'm starting to think it's memory on the device, and it's something to do with loading the quoted text. The app went a step further and froze there instead, i.e. while loading the text...

7.    #7  
    Searched a bit more, this is exactly the problem I'm having:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ail-laggy.html

I don't believe there is a fix, it goes slow because it's loading all the text... I have the same problem
  9.    #9  
    There's no fix right now, but it's something Palm must look into. It's very common to have long e-mail chains. If BlackBerries and such can do so there's no reason why webOS cannot. I checked on my desktop, that long email chain was only 28KB, it's not that long really.

Also another thing, I was surprised there's no way to turn off reply quotes. I was originally thinking of using that as a workaround, temporarily turn it on and reply to get out of that loop.